Used My Quiltazoid for Nested Circles on Customer's Poinsettia Quilt

CindyT

I thought I was never going to get done with this quilt due to outlining all those perfectly stitched applique pieces (very impressed with this quilt maker). When I get a quilt so perfect, it makes me nervous to quilt them. Thank goodness for the Quiltazoid to make those circles so "perfect". Everything else is freehand. Thanks for looking.

post--13461907994495_thumb.jpg

Originally posted by jeri

Beautiful!! Looks like lots of stops and starts on the circles. Did that add lots of time?

For each block, the center circle had one stop and start. The other circles combined had one start and stop because I was able to sneak around the applique pieces to avoid the starts and stops. Never did I go over the same stitches more than 3 times and that was only in a few spots after I got the path down. I would do a quarter of the circle at a time. Hope that makes sense. Although I feel like there were plenty of stops and starts to deal with when it was all said and done. It takes me forever to knot and bury those threads because I wait until it's done and sit and watch TV while I do that.

I've been planning to make that quilt for years! I even have all the fabric set aside for it, for years! Thanks for the inspiration to just get at it.

I LOVE how you quilted it. Doesn't like like your designing skills are limited to me! And YES, I too struggle with each and every quilt over "what to quilt". :o

Archived