My prize orchid

Guest Linda S

Oh how pretty. I can almost feel the warmth in which it is growing. It's barely above freezing today and I've been snuggled up in a quilt almost all day (I've got a bug). It's so cheery to see this. I have a few orchids that line my kitchen window. It's been a long time since any of them flowered. Usually in the fall. Enjoy every minute of it!

Here's a picture of all my orchids at my front door. It really makes me happy :). I just joined the Kona Orchid Society last August and I am on a mission to collect all the different orchids I come across. There are so many and so many colors. Some smell so good too.

post--13461908035833_thumb.jpg

The roots are over 6 feet long. It's laying at least 3 feet on the ground right now. I don't know whether to cut the roots shorter. If I hang it so the roots clear the ground, it'll be 10 feet tall and you gotta look UP to see the flowers. So I hung it at eye level and the roots are laying on the ground. I wonder if I can cut them? Anyone know? I bought the hanging plant at a Farmers market in Waimea. I just couldn't pass it up. It cost $45.00 What a sight though. I love it.

Archived