Quilting with my heart today, Quick Update

This quilt is for my beautiful daughter-in-law Michelle who is turning 35 tomorrow. On monday, she will undergo a mitral valve replacement and a repair on a second valve. They would still like to have children, so they have opted to have a tissue valve replacement, knowing that this valve will fail in the future and another replacement will be necessary.

EDIT: The surgery was postponed this morning. No problem with her health though. Thank Goodness. Not sure when the re-schedule will be.

I know she is in very good health, beyond the heart failure. I know the doctor came highly recommended, I know many of these surgeries are performed successfully every day. That being said, my courage leaves me sometimes and I am overwhelmed by the entire situation. I need to find my courage before Monday.

Please add Michelle and Jeremy to your prayers this week. I am grateful everyday that I can be part of a quilting community with such great heart. 6812616733_5f562f544f_z.jpg

096 by chrisquilt00, on Flickr6812621415_6c603c7d81_z.jpg

098 by chrisquilt00, on Flickr

From one mom to another, when it comes to our kids, (and in-laws are our kids too), we can at times turn ourselves into real basket cases when we lose our courage because the fright it so great. I think it's totally normal to feel this way when we fear for a dear loved one. I allow myself just so long to fall apart with worry, and then I must be strong for the kids, to be the safe place for them to fall when they need to. They will need your strength like never before and I know you will stand tall and face the fears and help walk them thru it, even though your insides are shaking. You will get through this and you will be a strong source for your kids. Prayers to you all today and always............

Archived