Wooohooooo! I'm back!

Hey everybody! Finally getting things going again, got my disability and feeling human again! I'm so far behind on things here. I've really missed everyone, but kept you all in my prayers. Really hope everyone is doing well! Any catching up I need to do please send me a U2U so I can catch up! How are all the babies, inlaws, outlaws and in between the laws?? Who's winning in the shows? What have I missed? I'm so happy to be back here!!

Kenna so good to have you back! I'm glad life is working out for you. Well let's see, MIL still not living in my house, Mother still driving me crazy, Maddie well her daddy didn't get full custody of her but he did get 50/50 but keep her in your prayers because that whole situation is no better than it was last year at this time. Have you been on since I became a Nana? If not do a search and you will see pics of my sweet Kailey baby, now 7 months old! Trying to keep up with life but just taking it one day at a time! Still working on customer quilts and not getting much time for my own stuff. I did play with gum paste the last couple of weeks getting ready for my daughter's wedding in Oct. Oh I guess you missed that too. Yup Oct. 6th! Very excited. I'm making the cake and she wanted roses so I am learning to make gumpaste roses. I just posted a picture the other day. Look for the link NQR but fun project. Tonight I wove an easter basket for Kailey. Still not done but hopefully in the next couple of days.

Thanks everyone! Hard to believe I haven't been here since August. Not much going on, just sitting around with life in neutral waiting for a decision on the disability. I haven't been able to work for almost a year and a half, but my Dr's were all very supportive, and when I finally heard from the office that makes the actual decision I filled out all their paperwork and added 8 pages to answer their question about how my disability effects my daily life and ability to work. They only gave me 4 lines to describe it and I decided that wasn't enough, so I got out the legal pad and went to town on them! I got my award in 3 weeks after that. Details matter, the more the better, no matter if it seems like a small thing, if it's a difficulty write it down! I did hire an advocate to handle the initial paperwork, I still was not in good shape at the time and it was just too much to deal with.

Thank God for impressing me to keep my life simple, so getting going again is not difficult! My SUV is in the shop getting repairs, tuned up and detailed. I drove it for 2 years without a/c in this Texas heat and humidity so it is dirty, dirty, dirty! The inspection ran out in June and it needed more in repairs to pass inspection than I had $$ to cover comfortably but I did get it paid off. God is good! I can get those repairs, the a/c fixed, tuneup and blah, blah all done and get the tags, too! Tags were going to expire at the end of this month and I was trying to figure out where I was going to be able to put it since expired tags would have violated my lease where I live, but the award came just in time! I'm so happy, and so relieved! Physically I'm much better. I'm able to get enough rest, and the reduction in stress is making the RA happy, happy, happy. I haven't been able to get all my meds all the time so have to be careful but that is going to come together, too! As long as I get enough rest, and the stress level stays down I don't think I'll need infusions anymore, which woulod be WONDERFUL!!

Still roomies with my mother. If having problems there, I just go in my room and shut the door and she chills after a bit. She's learned that I really do have panic attacks and she can trigger one with her behavior. She only had to witness one and see that I took me a whole day to deal with it and she got the message. We work it all out, and help each other where we need it physically. Sometimes it takes both of us to get something done!

Grandson graduates this year. He's a Senior at 16 so is around kids a year to 2 years older than he is and sometimes forgets that he's not their age or maturity yet. Then of course at 16 he's like every other 16 year old with a new drivers license! He's pretty good at keeping himself from getting too far out there, very level headed, and has a great relationship with his parents so he's a good kid and I'm so pround of him!

Other than that nothing has changed. I'm just glad this is over with and I can get on with my new life in retirement! WOOHOOOOOO!

Archived