Lutheran Church raffle quilt

THE RAFFLE IS OVER--RAISED OVER $4,000 FOR THIS YOUTH GROUP...

and it went to a good home, as did the rest of the items. It was a good day..

this is a quilt I made for the Lutheran Church youth group to raffle off.

I should explain a bit more here, This youth group is going to New Orleans this summer for a convention..The pastor of the church paid for the fabrics and I had it professionally quilted by Robin Schock. But I do have to say it is, by far, the prettiest star quilt I have ever done. And I would not be sad to see it back at my house;).. I do a lot of donation quilts..I love that I have a passion that I can share with others-even if I give it away--AND AS SOMEONE COMMENTED ABOUT "HOW HARD IT WILL BE TO GIVE IT LET IT GO" The winner of this quilt is getting a lecture from me, on how to take care of it.

post--13461908495057_thumb.jpg

Thank you all for the comments. It is a huge quilt 95 x 105--all the outside border stars are made from one fabric. I love it when I am given free rein on making a quilt for fundraisers---my voices speak well to me:P...and I have bought enough tickets, that I am hoping to bring it home with me. Also, to use all the fabric up, I made 2 baby star quilts and 5 tablerunners. So more than one chance to win...

What a beautiful quilt!!! Gosh, I'd have a difficult time giving this one up. But I'm sure it will raise a lot of money and for a good cause. Great use of colors and I love the little stars around the border.

Judy, That is beautiful! I am sure that is going to sell a lot of tickets, and add me to that tally! U2U me with your address with ticket costs and I would like to send a donation for tickets for the kids' trip. My children had done this when they were still at home and they were wonderful service experiences for them.

The raffle is over, the drawing was yesterday. Marci, thank you so much for wanting to buy tickets. When I posted the picture, it was the first time of doing so. I had tried one other time, and it did not work. This time it did. Yay, Me...i felt pretty smart at the time.

The quilt went to a good home.

And the best part--it raised over $4000....how wonderful is that. We live in a small community, less than 3,000 people. Our town, and the surrounding communities really come together for worth while fund raisers. That is why we live in small towns.

Judy

Archived