Just Picked Up and On Its Way Home

Here are some pictures of a quilt that was just picked up. It's the first quilt I have done for this customer, and I was a bit intimidated since I've seen some of the incredible free-motion work this lady does on her DSM.

When she dropped the top off she gave me a copy of the pattern from a magazine and asked me to quilt it as shown. I didn't find that as easy as it sounded at first but it seems to have workd out OK. The customer was very happy with her quilt.

Thanks for looking!

Mary

post--13461908646381_thumb.jpg

Thanks, everyone. This is such a supportive and encouraging group!

Originally posted by Pat C

This is very nice Mary. Did you mark all of your quilting lines first? If so, what did ou mark it with? You did a great job quillting this!

Pat C - no, I didn't actually mark any quilting lines. For the blocks I marked the circle that all of the curls/leaves/feathers were quilted around and marked the points on the circle that I had to hit at the end of one element and the start of the next. For the sashings I marked a large grid to makes sure all of the motifs were reasonably consistent. And then I sort of winged the border. :)

Originally posted by Linda G. Craig

Hi Mary! Gorgeous job on this quilt. I'm sure your customer will be thrilled. I've been thinking of you and wondering how things were going. We'll have to catch up real soon and meet for coffee.

Linda C, give me a call or send me an email - coffee and chat would be great!

Mary

Mary-That quilting just suits this quilt and you did a lovely job. I'm sure she will be a repeat customer. Funny coincidence--I was straightening the area around my computer this am and have a picture of this quilt in my inspirational file!! Small world! Thanks for posting pics. Sally W

Archived