I DID IT!!!!!!

OK....Guess what happened today??? I ordered my brand new Millennium!!!!!!!!!!!!! EEEEEKKKKK!!!! First thing in the morning, I will wire the money to the bank. 14' table, bliss rails, pfa, quilt glide, m bobbin. Oh my gosh, I am sooooo excited. Oh ya, almost fogot....hydraulic lift. Holy Crap. I can't wait for her to come. She will be pearl white.:P:P:P

Thanks all! I'm so excited. Will take some getting used to as i've been running my GAMMILL for 4 years. Why does my phone insist on only printing that in capitals? Anyway, I think I might get the leader grips for her. Anyone have them? I have red snappers at the moment but don't use them at all. I don't like them. I just go back to pins lol. When she gets here I will take pictures and send them in!;)

Oh, so lucky you, Tracey!!! A new millie - that is fabulous, and enjoy her for years and years to come!

I have leader grips and use them exclusively. I'm thinking about also putting on zippers because there are times I think taking off a quilt and putting it back on would be easier and more accurate with zippers. I've been kind of watching people's posts that refer to this subject. Someday soon I'll make up my mind!

Love love love my zippers, I've recently worked out that if I use So Fine on top when I machine baste the backing to my zipper flaps (on the DSM) I only need to snip that thread once on a small quilt and twice on a big one when it's done and that thread will pull right out, only takes seconds to take the zips off the backing.

Very useful to have zips if you get "quilters block" or run out of thread or have a really urgent job come in (only if they are really special).

I always float the tops so used the extra zip to make another set, I can have 1 on and 2 waiting ready to go, very handy.

Archived