Cute quilt just finished--with hint added

And here's the hint!

To alleviated the dreaded thread build-up when you are stitching these geometrical blocks where the stitching meets at the center seams--start your line in the center and as you come back to the center while stitching each section--stop two threads away from the center seam. Continue your CC's or whatever until you come to the end of the stitching. End the line two threads away from the center and tie off.

Your eye will be fooled into thinking the stitches meet and the batting puff will help hide the fact that they don't actually meet in the center. No nest of thread build-up there--looks good on the back and the front!

I'm sure this is not news to some of you, but just thought I would share what makes my life easier!:cool:

post--13461909037063_thumb.jpg

I love this quilt. So bright and cheerful. It makes you want to cuddle up and be happy. You quilting is perfect for this quilt. Love it! I am glad you posted, it makes me think about different designs for quilting instead of using an all over. Your tip is great too. I will use it. This is going into my favorites. Thanks for sharing.

Archived