She called it Four and Twenty Blackbirds

Here's one I finished that was fun and forgot to post earlier. The customer has become a prolific user of her embroidery machine and raw edge appliqueing. I used matching Metro embroidery threads to quilt with. She embroiders her "label" right onto the backing so it's quilted over, too.

post--13461909094421_thumb.jpg

Great job on the quilting, it's really wonderful!

My mom used to sing that song to me, and she had a little blackbird funnel-style steam vent that she would placed in the center of meat pies. I had forgotten about that little blackbird, I'll have to see if I can find it among my mom's things. Thanks for sharing the photo and bringing back some sweet memories. :cool:

"Sing a song of sixpence a pocket full of rye,

Four and twenty blackbirds baked in a pie.

When the pie was opened the birds began to sing,

Oh wasn't that a dainty dish to set before the king?

The king was in his counting house counting out his money,

The queen was in the parlour eating bread and honey

The maid was in the garden hanging out the clothes,

When down came a blackbird and pecked off her nose!"

Linda Craig...thanks for the song words. I had forgotten some of them, but it definitely is a trip down memory lane.

Annie M., funny because I keep yours, too (you need to post more...hint hint).

Thanks for looking and getting in the fall mood with me!

I keep coming back to look and haven't commented. dang!!! I love this quilt and I want some pumpkin pie right now!!!!! Love the colors, birds and the wonderful quilting.

Linda, I remember that song. We sang this in grade school!!!!! LOL I think you should sing it for us and put it on a video!!! Just a thought!

Archived