Simple feather border

Hi

Does anyone have a photograph of a simple feathered border. I am getting confuddled with direction.... I am trying to work out which way the feathers go, do they go in the same direction on both sides of the quilt, or do they go in a clock wise direction around the quilt, therefore one side is upside down????

Thanks

Hi Janette,

This really is a design choice. You can have them rotating around the quilt, like Kathy showed, or going the same direction.

My favorite is coming from the corners to the center, OR from the center to the corners. This gives you an opportunity to do something special in the centers and corners.

There's no "wrong" way to do it. YOU get to choose. :)

Thanks for the advice, and as much as I wanted both sides to be facing the same way, try as I might, I could not draw it out right, so I went clockwise....

I am a bit worried that the feathers are a bit on the large side in relation to everything else, as I kept them fairly open, but I am not unpicking it....

Just hope my customer likes it... I find feathers to be fairly stressful for me.

post--1349289521975_thumb.jpg

Originally posted by Anniespoon

Your quilting is beautiful. Is there a chance that we can see the rest of the quilt?

Sure no problem.... my customer didn't want me to quilt over her appliqued flowers, and she wanted a feathered border to incorporate all three borders, I used a small circle ruler (1 inch) to do the continuous curves, and the rest is freehand.... I enjoyed this one except for the stressful feathers..

Thanks for all of your lovely comments about my feathers,

post--13492895221454_thumb.jpg

Archived