Kimonos and Sashiko quilt

This is Charlie's Kimonos and Sashiko Stitcheries quilt, it's been a UFO for tens years but not anymore....well except for the binding?
Sashiko or orange peel design for the setting triangles and radiating rays to simulate the land of the rising sun, the kimono blocks have a continuous curve design with a chrysanthemum type flower in the centre. All freehand freemotion quilting with just a little ruler work for stitch in the ditch (SID. I marked a grid for the sashiko with a purple air erasable pen....

More photos and info on my blog as usual....

8252608593_18d649a948_z.jpg

8252609171_7cdb6c6dbd_z.jpg

Thanks for looking...

This quilt is such an inspiration for me! I have lots of Oriental prints that I have tried to use up several times but the pile seems to grow instead of shrink! I love this pattern and have always wanted to include some sashiko designs. I forget the name of the block but the little kimonos are perfect!

Kay your quilting is meticulous, and being free motion really gives me hope. I have no add-on equipment and won't be getting any for quite some time so I rely totally on my own eye-hand coordination. Not anywhere close to your amazing work but hope to be there some day!

Archived