Will It Ever End????-Microstippling...FINALLY & w/pics added to original post

This is week THREE for this queen size quilt.  She wanted microstippling in all that large beautiful white space between the lonestars (not my choice of quilting for that area for sure).  I can only microstipple for so long and then have to take a break.  I'm hoping to be done in the next two days.  I can only do half a row a day.  Anyone else ever have to do this much microstippling on a quilt?  I know  I will change my pricing after this quilt if microstippling is involved.  I have to say, I am so impressed with my APQS machine being such a work horse doing this!

EDITTED:  Finally done and customer picked up.  She was happy. :)  Now I'm pretty much out of space to post pictures here and will have to learn something else if I want to post any more pictures. :(

post-3924-0-23513900-1379330416_thumb.jpg

post-3924-0-48404100-1379330500_thumb.jpg

Doing lots of micro work with white on white would have me blind. Be sure to tell her how many hours of work are involved so she appreciates the deal she got. There is no way you are making a decent hourly rate doing this type of quilting. On the upside, it is looking great!

Debbie

AHH!  That is a LOT of micro-stippling.  I might have even tried to talk her into larger pebbles or McTavishing or some other more flowing filler that would still recess the areas but not KILL you in the process!!!  LOL   :)  That being said - it's going to be lovely when you are finished!   ;)  We will be your cheerleaders to get you through to the end!  YEAH!   :)

You have my sympathy and my undying admiration!

I. Hate. Stippling. 

I do it when appropriate for the era/style of the quilt. But there are hundreds of other dense fills that will add movement and texture. Not to mention what other wonderful things that could have been quilted in those giant hexies. 

But I imagine your piecer wanted the stars to be the stars. And they'll be so prominent when you finish.

You're a brave quilter--my shoulder aches just thinking about that micro-stitching.

I just finished a Texas Star quilt, and stippled the four large open blocks in the corners.  I first stitched concentric circles, the largest being 16", and then stippled the space around the circles.  Tedious!  White on white.  It took about a half hour for each block.  I'm glad it's done.  Hang in there.  Jim

Wow, that must feel like the project that will never end!  At least you can console yourself with the fact that it is going to be absolutely gorgeous when you get it done.  Hang in there, Cindy, you can do this!  :rolleyes:   But I have to admit that it makes me tired just thinking about all that stippling............... :P

Archived