Prayers needed

meg

Prayer warriors,

I'm asking prayers for my DD, that God will stay by her side.

She's having a very difficult time and will be making some big decisions.

She's shut us out and is listening to some people who do not have her best interests in their heart.

It's so hard to keep faith at times like this, but I am trying.

Please pray for her.

Thank you,

Meg

Dear Meg,

All will be OK in time. Sometimes we have to be brave and allow the kids make their own mistakes through life. You know that deep inside, your daughter's moral compass is pointing the right direction and sometimes these kids have to test to see if the compass really works. Have faith in her. She will go through the bumps in life and she will come out OK. Remember I did, you did... we all did. :) Just let her know that regardless of what decisions she makes, no matter what, you will always be there for her always --- in the end, you are her mama. Just let her do her thing. She needs to fly solo and sometimes crash and burn but her wings will fix and she will fly again.

((Hugs))
Shana

Ahhh Meg, one of the hardest things in the world is watching your child head towards a mistake and be unable to change their direction.

I remember well when my daughter was in college on a scholarship and decided to drop out to marry a man that had custody of 4 year old twins. It was obvious to many of us that loved her that he needed a mother for his children ...he did not love her. It wasn't obvious to her. 

In the end I had to learn to say "I think it is a mistake but I will support your decision".  It was one of the hardest things I have ever done but I knew if she married him she was going to need me later. I had to fight the urge to beg her not to do it ....right up until she said "I Do".

She married him....it was a disaster (except she had Nathan)....and I eventually helped her put her life together again.

Don't burn any bridges Meg...no matter what she decides. I will pray that things work out for the best.

This is not a new pattern for us.

She's always been the kid that pushed us to the limits of our faith.

We say black, she says white.

She burns the bridge, I build another.

She'll figure it out in time.

And the hubs & I will be here for her.

Until this happens, she needs him watching over her.

Still no likes for me, but I have read and appreciate you all so much.

Keep praying for her, please.

XO

Meg, having children that have wandered (and still are) and watching their bad mistakes take their toll, I know all too well that the very best thing we can do is pray and so I will ad my prayers for her and for you and your husband to have strength and wisdom during this journey.

She burns the bridge, I build another.

Meg, I see those as the words of a wise and loving mother. You said more with those 7 words than most could say in a paragraph! Lord knows it isn't easy but we do it anyway ....and we keep right on doing it in spite of their resistance....because we love them.

Meg, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.  20 years ago, we went through a very difficult time with our oldest daughter..........wrong crowd, very headstrong, bad choices, on and on and on.  She moved out when she wasn't quite 17 years old and it was the hardest thing we ever did was to sit back and let her learn the hard way.....but we let her know that we were there and would always love her, no matter what.  Two years later, she totally got her act together and "grew up" and is now a wonderful wife, mother, and loving daughter.   Don't lose hope.  Sometimes when our children are going through some bad periods, they keep pushing us away and we think they don't want or love us anymore, when actually they are testing us to see if we will still love them, no matter what they do. 

Archived