New Milly !

I'm giving you all a better chance to win the new Milly, as I made a deal today to trade mine in on a new one ! :rolleyes:    So, I won't be entering any more.......... :D I am so excited.   I have loved my older Milly and decided it was time to move up to the new one.   Can't wait to get her set up and start playing...........I am near Des Moines/Carroll, so they will deliver and set up for me..........maybe as early as next week sometime.   I spent most of the morning finishing up a quilt I had in progress and taking off the extra gadgets I can use on my new model............the micro drive handles, etc.   

Congrats!  I'm still debating with myself on trading up.  My Millie is a 2009 and she's a good old girl.

Mine old one is still in great working order and I debated for a long time............I wanted to get a shorter table since we are seriously considering downsizing, so thought I might as well just get the whole new set up............It will be here this afternoon !!!

I did play with her all morning !    Actually quilted a small quilt to get the feel of things..........then I loaded a plain fabric sandwich and tested all the brands of threads I have and like to see how they stitched out...........everything worked well.....Glide stitched the prettiest.............I have some Metro, but it kept breaking (also had trouble with it breaking on my old machine) .............so guess I'll use it on my DSM for bindings and other things.....King Tut wouldn't work on my other Millie, so don't know if it will work on this new one...........I ordered a "try me special" spool, just to see how it goes...........So, I used Superior threads...........Omni, So Fine plain and variegated, Fantastico, Magnifico, Brytes.........Fil Tec Glide and Affinity...........both Glide and Affinity worked really well.......as well as the Omni and So Fine threads..........the Fantastico and Magnifico might need a minor tension adjustment............but for all the others I never touched the tension knob...........used Fil Tec Magna Glide Classic bobbin.  I am very pleased with everything.

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Congratulations on the new machine.  Thanks for the tip on Metro.  I have luck with it if I use So Fine in the bobbin.  If I forget and try Bottom Line I get loops.  I mainly use it for charity quilts, but it's nice to know I can use it on bindings.

Congratulations on the new machine.  Thanks for the tip on Metro.  I have luck with it if I use So Fine in the bobbin.  If I forget and try Bottom Line I get loops.  I mainly use it for charity quilts, but it's nice to know I can use it on bindings.

I really don't know why Metro doesn't work for me....didn't work in my old Millie either.......I was using a Fil Tec Magna Glide Classic bobbin which is fine thread............Metro is so similar to Glide in looks, but must not be as strong.   The thread kept breaking..........even after I loosened the tension a couple times.   All my other threads worked just fine on the same tension setting.................I just have the mini spools of Metro to try before I bought the big cones.   I haven't tried Metro's other brand..........Sigma (?)  

Archived