Bummed out today

Teresa:

Birthdays are a blessing no matter if no one else on this earth remembers - you are wonderfully and beautifully made and a very special person. Okay I've had a few birthdays like yours and you know what -- you remember those birthdays as special, yeah right - so do you remember all the other birthdays that tons of people remembered? Just kind of like getting a special gift -- it's called life! Now - go breathe the country air, go for a long walk or horse ride and just be thankful you are alive and well!

And I wish you the best birthday every - Sharon.

Wait for the door to open - diddo to Bekah's response.

Thanks, Joann:

I don't know what I did wrong on getting it to her. The address looks to be right, maybe I marked it to send it on the wrong day! BUMMER!, I really wanted to brighten her day a little. I've had days like that, too (BIRTHdays) and it's hard to focus when you feel like that. At least for me, it is.

Teresa:

I'd sing it to you, but you'd be crying afterwards, and not tears of joy!

Hi Teresa and all,

I once found a Hallmark card with a picture of a "Rubenesque" (i.e. "plump") fairy on the cover. It said "I wish I had a magic wand, and I could wave it and make all of your troubles disappear." On the inside, it read "And I'd have thinner thighs too!" If you could see me, you would know that I haven't yet found that magic wand, but when I do, I will most certainly wave it your direction.

Happy b-day, here's hoping that Friday will be better. If nothing else, at least it will be Friday, not Thrus.

Beth

A HUGE HAPPY BIRTHDAY WISH AND HUG FROM HERE IN NEBRASKA!

NO WORRIES GIRL....IM TURNING 50 IN NOVEMBER, AND I WANT TO FORGET ABOUT MINE, (HOPING EVERYONE ELSE DOES TOO! LOL) I CRIED WHEN I TURNED 30, DIDNT BOTHER ME TURNING 40, AND IM IGNORING 50 WHEN IT GETS HERE.

DO SOMETHING JUST FOR YOU TONIGHT....ANYTHING! IT WILL MAKE YOU FEEL SO MUCH BETTER! TRUST ME....IVE DONE IT!

QUILT HUGS,

SHERI

Teresa,

I am feeling for you. I recently had a birthday and the only person who really mattered, my son, did not even call. When I called him a few days later and commented on it, he only said, "oh well, it's just another day". I didn't want a gift, but the call would have been nice.

And who ever made the comment on brother and sister not reminding your parents---I am thinking we might have the same brother and sister. Selfish people that is for sure. Anyway, Teresa, please have a nice day. I have had a bad week, just because my son did not call and I do not like feeling this way, it shows in everything I do or say. It absolutly brings out the worst in me, in so many ways....

So like someone else said---tomorrow will be better--it has to be. :)

Hi Teresa,

Happy Birthday to you! I'll be thinking of you when we go out tonight--it's our fourth anniversary! Wow, hard to believe. I would love to come to the Tomato Festival!

I'm sorry about the financing, there are always other options. Please let us know.

Take care,

Hi Theresa

Happy B-Day to you, and I just read your lament and all the comments to my hubby and he laughed and laughed and said to wish you a "Happy Birthday from him too, and yo hang in there. Something always works out.

He is just bbqueing some steaks ansdd we'll have that and Tatoe salad for supper and I have a bottle of Carlo Rossi in the fridge and we'll toast a happy birthday toast to you.

Chin up....things will get better.

Happy birthday Teresa! See, you have enough Happy's here to make up for the the other ones you should have gotten! Keep us posted on the financing thing, I have medical bills that concern me in that area. It's something I'm always going to have, no getting around it and there's ALWAYS God, adn who knows what He has up his sleeves!!!

Warm birthday wishes, Teresa--

I am a firm believer in doing for yourself!! Get yourself a cake and a card and a bunch of fabric. When the family comes home, be sure that wonderful singing birthday card is on the computer with the volume cranked!! How embarassed they will be, but you will rise above it all and allow them to fawn over you for a couple of days. We love you!!

Linda R

Beverly is right. Always forewarn everyone that whatever the special day is, it is on its way. Don't set yourself up for failure. I used to tell my family that I just wanted a referee's shirt for my birthday. The boys did not get along with their demanding, perfectionist father to whom I am still married and love dearly. The kids (maybe him too) have changed and everyone gets along so well now!!! Prayers do get answered, given enough time!!!

ditto "Hippo birdies two ewes" Theresa

I've never forgotton that card :P (I think it was made by the ink co)

Theresa, treat yourself to something very special. Maybe a lovely long soak in the tub with some nice bubbles and your fave book and drink and chocolate. Think of all the possitives in your life and you will come out smiling :) Have yourself a lovely birthday, and next year do the count down as suggested by Beverly!

Cheers Satu

Thanks to all who sent cards by email. They were great.

Actually, when I got home there was the most beautiful rose bush with a balloon tied to it. The card said it was from my sister, nieces and nephews, and my parents. NICE SURPRISE.

And I went out and bought a pizza last night. I'm having leftover pizza for lunch today.

I got the spiral quilt almost all finished last night.

SO not too bad of a birthday after all.

Still bummed about the financing thing though. :(

Teresa;

I found out yesterday that I didn't get my financing either for the upgrades that I wanted to do. I am very disappointed as you are. But I am trying to regroup and figure out plan B. Which is try to save up the money and do it in cash. This may take 2-3 years and I might have to do it in 2 stages but it's not the end of the world, it will be a challange though since my daughter is 16 and will soon be going to collage which is more expenses. I try to console myself to the fact that at least I do have my Liberty still and it is paid for, so I guess that I will just have to make do with that for now.

Hang in there, we can only change what is in our control. And the bright side is that school will be out in a couple of weeks and you can recharge and do for you until school starts up again in the fall.

Joann

Joann, I'm so sorry your financing didn't work out either. I'm also trying to figure out a plan B. It might be save my pennies for a couple of years, strive to get more customers, attend more classes, and try to make stuff to sell at craft shows. At least that's what I'm thinking right now.

Archived