Golden batik king

I agree with Tish....we are our own worst enemies when it comes to how quilting looks....I personally loved the quilt and think you did a beautiful job with the design. That's where I seem to fail....I never know what to put into a design so wind up just doing something so simple and then afterwards go WOW...I should have put a feather in there.

Because I too have trouble with feathers I stay away from them....my New Year's resolution for 2008 will be to do better in that department, so I would expect all my quilts to be loaded with feathers. :P

Oh LInda that quilt is quite lovely and I think your feathers are just fine. I wish mine were even a quarter as good as yours. thank you for posting your pictures. It has been a delight and joy to watch you just getting better and better with each quilt. You are in inspiration to me and I bet others out there too.

Thank you all for the kinda words. and encouragement.

This was a customer quilt, Sally, from the local community class. It is called Arkansas Crossroads. I did a baby-size one in blue/purple batiks but I called mine Honolulu Highway. I love the gold background fabric that Sally chose. It is such a warm looking quilt.

I felt like I had to do something special in those big gold X's. I kept hearing my 2006 Innovations teacher (Sue Patten, I think) saying "Hit the mark" so I tried to take those feathers almost to the edge of the gold. The curls on the ends of the feathers are just there to help make the feathers continuous. I did not want to SID this big guy. ;)

For the 16-patch, I found a 9-inch stencil that hit all the all the intersections (continuous) and I just enlarged it to 18" to cover the 16-block.

I used Signature cotton Mustard thread.

Archived