My attempt at McTavishing

Hester, this is awesome - I love it on 30's - would never have thought of it for something so traditional -- I really do need to move out of my box thinking. May I ask how long it took you to do this quilt? Just curious - it seems I am the slowest person on the site when it comes to finishing a quilt!! I quilt 2 hours a night after work, supper, etc., and then Friday afternoons and Saturday and it seems I still can only get one quilt a week done. Give me some insight PLEASE!

Sharon.

Thank you all for your great comments, this wasn't my first try, but the most ambitious.. After the first block I thought, rip or keep quilting? The quilt didn't actually take that long in time but since I have a "real" job, it was on the machine 3 days, but probably 12 hours in quilting time.

Linda, you have an eagle eye, nothing slips past you..I needed to fill that space with something and I didn't want to do a lot of echoing so I came up with those leaves.

Thank you all again..I LOVE THIS SITE:D

this is a beautiful quilt, i have been admiring this site for about a month now and am inspired every time i visit here. I too am working on a grandma's flower garden and love every minute of it my hexes are on the 3/4" side so it will be a slow process and against everything on this site if i spend this much time hand stitching it will be hand quilted by an amish girl that is near one of the quilt shops that i visit

love this site everyone

dawn

Archived