Business Name

DB--love that!! Joy--you of course should include your great name in the business name.

Quilts with Joy? (since the job is actually a collaboration between the piecer and the quillter?)

The Joy of Quilting? Too Fons-and Porter-ish?

Do it with Joy? Maybe we shouldn\'t go there!!

Have fun deciding and let us know what you decide. If you have kids, get them involved!

Do it with Joy, ok, that threw my brain into overdrive! SNAP! (coming back to finding a name for Joy). I like Quilted With Joy. The with kinda has a double connotation. Like the word WITH points to the partnership between the peicer and the quilter. Dude! I just came up with the name for mine when I get it started! sssshhhhhh, I\'m not telling!

(yes, this is a 53 year old woman using the word "dude!"! (snicker)

We have a longarmer in our area who\'s business name is: RiverJoy Quilting.

It\'s such a beautiful name that brings so many lovely images to mind. We were invited to her home and studio recently and now I KNOW why she chose that name. Her home sits on the rimrock above the canyon, looking up the river. Gorgeous setting. Beautiful North light exposure. It was awesome.

But even before seeing it, I always thought she had a creative, beautiful business name. If you could incorportate something like that into your name, it would be memorable. (Actually, if you really liked it, you\'re half way around the world from here, you could use it too.) :)

Hi,

I really love the "By Joy It\'s Quilted"...you gals have some wonderful ideas, and Quilted with Joy is a really good one also....

There could also be "Joyfully Yours" "Joyful Stitches - which someone else also thought of.....and a little change on someone else\'s "Quilted with Joy" could be "Quilting with Joy".....lots of good options.....it is really fun to get other\'s ideas.....I just started and mine is "Sew Blessed Quilting, LLC" as i am in remission from breast cancer and feel God had his hand on me all the time...Have fun..Denise

Hi Joy,

Don\'t forget to find out about Registering your Business name in your State.

Here is a helpful link. http://www.business.vic.gov.au/BUSVIC/LANDING//pc=SEC01.html

Also do some research on the name you have chosen. Search trademark and registerd business names. When I found the name I was most happy with a search found that the name I\'d chosen was a registered trademark, even though it was part of my suburbs name. Found out that someone else had tried to use that one word as part of their name, and the company that had the trademark sued them. Hey, I\'m not going there. Hope this helps.

Archived