Just finished this Island Blue

Jeanne, I really appreciate the typed instructions and the Paint directions photo to show us what you meant. I didn\'t realize until i saw that page, that the feather "flakes"actually do not touch each other.. Sure sounds easier for me,, will have to try your technique.. with your permission!

Thanks for sharing. RitaR

Heidi & Jen:

I used BottomLine on the backing, periwinkle I believe. On the top I started out with Rainbows Brasilia Blue which was the perfect color for it. But I had to change it after it kept breaking and I couldn\'t figure out what was going on. On the first pass from right to left I believe I had it break between 12 to 18 times, burying the knots every start and stop. I was ready to start throwing stuff. So I changed the thread to Rainbows Mediterranean, which still looked good, but not as good as the other. I love Rainbows, but couldn\'t get the one I wanted to work.

Jeanne, your quilt is beautiful and those awesome feathers just make it pop. What a great job at taking something that caused you stress and making it your own...maybe that will give the rest of us courage to try to modify designs that are hard for us as well. Thanks so much for sharing. Janet

Jeanne;

Your quilt is just gorgeous. I love the colors and the quilting really makes it pop.

:PThanks so much for sharing your directions. I had a small Christmas round about the world (Blanche Young) quilt waiting on my machine for inspiration to hit. Instead of inspiration, I copied your idea. It was so much fun to do. It\'s not as good as yours but not too bad. I haven\'t tried posting a picture yet, maybe one day I\'ll try.

That\'s such a great looking all-over pattern with random sized feathers. You kept the spacing really flowing and the effect of double lines with the shadow stitching really makes the shapes pop. Thanks for the idea Jeanne. Congratulations again on getting into Sara Nephew\'s latest book. Can\'t wait to see what you are stitching for her. What an honor. Well deserved.

Vicki

• 7 months later...

Jeanne, WWOOOOWWWW!!! Way COOL!!:cool::cool::cool:!! I LOVE these feathers!! And you explained it so very well!! Tomorrow, first thing, I'm trying them out!! I think I can do this!! One question..... where do you start? In the middle or at a side? LOVE it!! Thanks for sharing how you do it and the great inspirational pictures!!!! :):):):)!! linda

Archived