Sandy Darlington's visit this weekend

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks wonderful!! Both Sandy and the other photos too!

(with a last name like "DARLINGton - what would you expect?!)

My question is - How do you drink out of a glass made from ice?

Your lips didn\'t get stuck to it? Ya know how as a kid, if you

stuck your tongue on a pole or inside the freezer ....etc.... Not

I ever did that!!:P

I do mix my drink in frosty mugs, and if I have beer or wine, I put

it in a frosty mug and back into the freezer until they are slush -

just the way I like it.

Hi everyone, and especially you, Shana,

I had an absolute blast with Shana and her husband last weekend. They are both wonderful people and made my visit unforgetable. Shana is a great tour guide and Andre is a fabulous cook, and quite handsome, too. I also met their 3 beautiful dogs. What great fun.

This is my first chance to get on line, so of course, I came to the APQS site first. :)

To answer Kenna...it was a bit chilly leaving the locker room in just my bathing suit, but getting out was no problem at all. The water is so warm/hot that I didn\'t feel the cold air at all. It was truely delightful! I would not hesitate to do it again.

I\'m glad Shana posted the pictures of the ice bar and the hot springs. It was such a fun place to visit. So, if any of you get to this neck of the woods, Chena is a must see place. Actually, I was there about 11 or 12 years ago, but thee ice hotel and bar were not there at the time, and it was under different ownership.

I am now in Anchorage until Sunday night and will see the ceremonial start of the Iditarod on Saturday. I have already been to the Quilted Raven and bought two panels to be the center of a wall hanging, both by a local artist. I\'ll eventually post them when I get them together on of these months.

Well, my friend just pulled up in a rental car, so got to go. I\'ll write more when I have another chance at a computer.

Love,

Sandy

Archived