My Baby was Bitten.....

Hey - Are you going to have to share time on the machine now???:D:D Great job on her part. You need to make her a little walkway so she\'s a little higher.

Just a note: I see you have the pattern grid on your machine. I put mine under the plastic on the machine. When I put my panto or pictures on the grid, I put it on top of the grid and line up the edges instead of looking through the grid. That would make me nuts. Just a thought. Everyone is different.

Thanks, I\'ll let her read all your kind and encouraging words when she gets home from school today.

She took her quilt, Pictures of her "Working It", and the panto she used to school today. She is still so excited.

Carol- Thanks for the tip. I\'ll have to try that and see if it works better for me.

Linda- The panto she used was "Palm Tree Meander" and I explained to her that it may be a bit difficult for her first one, but she insisted on using that one. I set her up and after she got the feel of the machine, she was actually doing quite well.

Thanks again.

Laura

I love it! What a doll baby!

She\'s working so hard at it! And doing a better job than I could at a panto!

I\'m so jealous though. Do you know how hard I\'ve been recruiting partners in crime!!!!!!

My kids will run me off from the front of the machine but Tanner, the 5yo, is scared of the noise at the back and doesn\'t want to quilt from there. I made a cool quilt for him to use the R& S templates on.

I have one more chance, my 13 yo niece is coming for spring break and I did get her to piece a baby quilt a few years ago, so maybe I can get her to use the pattern boards on my machine and quilt this quilt. :P

Thanks for the inspiration. I\'ll show it to my crew!

Laura, What an awesome Mom you are to get your gorgeous little one into quilting at her age. Wow, think what she will be like in a few yrs.

When she wins that first quilt award you can get this video out and show her where it all started.

Thanks for the show.

Carolj.

One day she will come visit me (from Texas to Illinois). I too, hope she would enjoy making a quilt. It is important to get your generation of quilters involved in sewing and quilting now. Your quilt is lovely. I look forward to seeing your next one.

Thanks for sharing!

Very fun! She did a great job. I put muslin on my machine and let my 10 yr. old and her friend go to town. They have a blast! My daughter has been looking a the Triple Rail quilts from the beginner\'s class I taught. I\'ve quilted 3 of them from the class. She informed me she wanted to make one. So...I\'ll let her make one and "make her quilt it!" I\'ll show her these pics and she won\'t have any excuses to push it off on me to quilt!

Kelly great job on the quilt. What a doll you have. You should be so proud. I bet all her classmates just loved it.

My 10 year old made a quilt last year for the fair, I had him do the quilting and he loved it. He seems a little intimidated to try a panto though. So way to go at 7. He has already designed this years quilt and we got fabric this weeknend. He can\'t wait to start. Last year he made his in 4 days, so this year he is giving himself more time.

My 5 year old little girl keeps saying when I am 7 I get to learn to quilt too. She is counting the days. I guess she figured if her brother got to make his first quilt at 7 so should she. Of course the 13 year old tells me to just make him one, go figure.

Way to go and keep up the awesome work. Can\'t wait to see and watch you grow in your quilting.

Angela

Archived