I'm a No Good Rotten Sap

Originally posted by ramona-quilter

Oh, and I know that you are charging her for this, aren't you?

Linda you are so silly....wanna bet she isn't.....

Is there enough bulk that you can take out just the center and recut the center block and put it back together.....????

I think we need to take this one to a bar!! Maybe Margaritaville!! Oh wait, I don't drink...well, maybe I could start. Would one of you drive? :P

My plan is to take the center out, remeasure the hole where the applique block was, add 1/4" to find out what size I actually need the center block to be, find the center of the block and trim accordingly.

Then my goal is to go down in the Quilter's Hall of Fame! There is a hall of fame isn't there?? :o

Charging for this?? She didn't ask my price, just said do it....I have no idea how much to charge. I need to know before I start. If I wait until I am done I'm sure I will charge way too much.

Hey MB - charge her by the hour and keep track of your time. That way, you get something for your work (probably not enough) and she knows that she needs to pay attention to details like no size DDD blocks! She learns and you don't give away your time. Just my 2 cents worth.

It sounds like you have a plan... though the ice cream might improve the outlook of this quilt.

I know that the center is too big, but remember that cutting off one side may make that basket cant (tilt) to one side. That would be ok as long as you have some extra fabric to add to the short side in order to straighten it up. Like a coping strip.

I agree, it doesn't look that hard to fix and if anyone can it's YOU!

However I still think you could just wad up a bunch of batting and stuff it in there! A quilt with a pillow quilted right in it! There ya go! (How come nobody ever likes MY ideas... I'm so crushed...):P:P

Wow............. I am not planning to go into business for now and maybe never. These are the type of things that scare the wits out of me. Have enough problems with my own mistakes!! I agree with everyone including you - take the middle block out and reinsert using the right measurements. Good luck and I know you will do a great job.

Meg

Archived