What destresses you?

Originally posted by LauraJ

I love what Bonnie said, "fondle fabrics". Isn't it fun? Must be some latent connection to our baby blankets ya think? I piece to de-stress from my day job. Weekends are for quilting.

I am no longer allowed to drive when we car pool to a quilt show or shop hopping! I want to "fondle" my fabric too- As everyone else in the car is doing!! But they get mad at me when I do it when I am driving!! Go figure;)

Sewhappy

I love to go to a quilt shop and feel the fabric and zone out dreaming of quilts I can make with it. Look through quilt magazines at quilt patterns and quilt books and work in my quilt studio cutting, piecing, quilting anything pertaing to quilts is my therapy. I also love to crochet and read those are therapy for me also.

Renae

Well, after a margarita I destress with a friend. I have a friend who is really more like a sister and she has stage 4 colon cancer. I treasure every day God gives me with her and when I start feeling stressed I call her or take a walk over to her house and time with her puts my cranky problems back into perspective.

I'm with Becky, since retirement most of the stress has gone away. Now I can spend my time doing what I love, sewing and quilting. I also like to read, mysteries mostly. I too like to fondle fabric. However, it is dangerous to go to the LQS. I usually tell myself going in no more fabric and coming out well it was a good buy. Now if I could stop buying on line...

When I was working sewing and quilting were always my de-stressers.

Pamela

Archived