NQR Lesson Learned on elective surgery

This is a cry out to all us Chubby Girls in the World!!!

Get up every morning and say hello to all those rolls of love that you have worked so hard to accumulate over the course of your life. Don't be ashamed, no matter what the TV says!!!

God, intended us to be us! I had surgery 3 weeks ago today, I had a scar on my stomach that had to be redone. I decided 3 years ago to wait until I had the money to get a tummy tuck at the same time. 2 stomache surgeries, 2 kids and a great love of the beauty of family dinner had not left my stomach looking so great. My rearend in the front was bigger than the one in the back!!

So at the plastic surgeon, just before going in I had a horrible wave of vanity (and a little practicality). I asked while he was at it, could I have him lipo my inner thighs so they wouldn't touch when I wear my swimsuit. He said no problem, I wouldn't really even notice the pain, considering my stomach.

Wow! I ended up with a breeze with my stomach. Somehow though durring surgery the blood flow got cut off to my thighs, it caused 2nd degree burns between the muscles and the flesh. I have never been in such pain. I should be up and around by now, but instead I remain in my recliner and off work until Nov 1st!

I think it was Gods little way of reminding me that vanity never gets you what you want. I am kinda thick skulled, so he never has been able to let me learn from little signs!

So this morning I said good morning to my rolls under my bra and told them I was glad they were there.

Just thought you all may get a kick out of the story! Plus I am really bored in my recliner!:P:P:P:P:P

Thanks Brendalee

Oh Brendalee-

I am so sorry that you went through all the stress of the decision then the actual surgery and then to have the problems afterwards! If there is anything I cando to help just shout out-I feel so bad for you but at the same time I appreciate your words of warning and to remind us to know that no matter what we are beautiful. no matter if our thighs touch in our bathing suit or not!! (Mine do more than just touch! LOL) Get well soon!!

I think women would do well to listen, really listen to what men want and look for in their wives. It's not us who put those waifs on the pages of magazines and on the television. What I want for Margie is for her to always believe she's as beautiful as I KNOW she is, therefore, I tell her constantly how gorgeous she is.

Of course, she never tells me how handsome I am... Maybe I need to have a face lift :D

mrmargie

Mr Margie.

I think we live in a society where only females are supposed to be pretty. Males shouldn't be the pretty ones. Let me explain.

I have a dog. A boy dog. And he is quite pretty. And many people comment on how pretty SHE is. It is then that I tell the people that he is a boy and remind them that not everything in life that is pretty is a girl.

Mr Margie, you might actually be pretty. Society just can't see it.:)

Mr Margie,

With comments like that I am sure she thinks you are the most handsome devil around!

A girl only has to have one prince charming!

You go! and thanks for the grounding me on what men really want. My husband is a handsome devil too, he says "I just want to know that you love me, a good meal now and again, raise our kids with love, and me naked with a smile every once in a while." :P:P:P

Ok well, he's not the most romantic but he smiles when he sees me, so I guess I have everything I need. And I have had the bonus of learning a valuable lesson on whats not important!

Thanks

Brendalee

Now let me get this straight... Are you comparing me to your dog?? :P

Actually, I have a bloodhound who is lazy as can be most of the time, but can marshall amazing bursts of energy when it's called for. Margie says the old adage of a man and his dog showing the same attributes certainly applies here! However, I don't think I've been accused of LOOKING like my dog... But then, that's probably a good thing - you all know what a bloodhound looks like.

Margie and I are going to have to get an avatar up or the whole forum will form all kinds of bizarre images of our appearance.

mrmargie

Mrmargie,

You mentioned a face-lift: well, isn't that what a smile is? A "face lift"?:P

And poor Brendalee,

I'm soooo sorry you're suffering! If there was any way we could help you through this, you know we would! Maybe we need to start a thread of "Daily Humor for Brendalee.";)

I'll be praying for you, and hoping you're back on your feet VERY soon!

BrendaLee, Sweety, you just take care of yourself. I've never even once thought about lypo without getting queezy in my tummy (right where they would want to put that sucking tube right away)! So I'll continue to have thighs that not only touch each other, but give each other a hug now and again!:P:):P Just keep that laptop close by and chat all day long. I'll be praying for you as well.:cool:

Brendalee, I'm not sure wearing nothing but a smile "every once in while" is enough... In the interest of educating women further, I'd submit that greeting us in that fashion would be welcomed at least once a day, and more than that if the situation allows.

Margie once tried dressing in Saran Wrap, but by the time we got her all unpackaged we had to sit down and drink some tea to recuperate. ...kinda lost the mood there.

(Don't y'all tell Margie I told that story...)

And Barb, believe me, I don't think I spend over a minute a day without a smile on my face!

mrmargie

I love this thread, you are all making me laugh and I needed it!

You know it is sometimes amazing to find out how you can have "actual friends" that you have never met except in ciber space. Thanks folks for the upbeat talk. I will be looking at all the posts quite actively as I sit on my recliner for the next few weeks.

Thanks

Brendalee:cool:

So sorry you are having all this trouble Brendalee. I am sure any type of surgery can be painful and if we new before we did it just how we probably would chicken out. After it is all said and done you will probably be glad that you did it. Kind of like giving birth when you see the wonder before you the last thing you think about is the pain of delivery. We will pray for a quick recovery and you will be back feeling like yourself in no time. Get well and don't over do . Jeanne

Hey there little girlfriend,

SInce I only talked to you three times yesterday and once today, I gotta chime in here....:P:P:P:P:P You are one awesome little cookie and Kevin is one lucky guy. You are so beautiful and giving and funny. And boy are YOU lucky. That man is so taking such good care of you. When you are all better, you might wanna think about that one special request he made. ROFLMAO:D:D:D:D

See ya soon. I'll be down next week all week!!!! I'll make a road trip out to OC to check on you.;);););)

Nancy Jo

I know Kreacher, I was just joking. My bloodhound is as beautiful and smart as he can be, but my Mother-in-law thinks he's ugly and stupid. Eye of the beholder, huh?

If you think about it, birds are an obvious example of what you're saying. The males are always much more colorful and 'sparkley' than the females...

mrmargie

Brendalee....ouch...not sure I'm ready for that yet, but as long as DB is like Mrmargie...it won't happen.

I have a mrmargie at my house and love him dearly....and for him I would go through anything including what you did. Its more of us wanting better for them, than them wanting it. Go figure. Hope this finds you better....and getting stronger, I hate the recliner, but do crawl into it when needed. Its DB's and feels like a huge hug, when he's not home.;)

Brendalee,

I hope you start feeling better soon! I don't think you are vain. We all want to look our best. It makes us feel good. Besides, there is such pressure on women in our society to look pretty. It is all around us. We are judged by our looks whether we like it or not. Men are judged by their accomplishments. Think about it. Have you ever gone to a party etc. and run into someone people haven't seen in a long time. I'd be willing to bet everyone will talk about how "she" looks and how successful (or not) "he" is. I don't like it but what is a girl to do. Keep your chin up. How lucky you are to find someone who sees your real beauty. The kind that lasts! Sending healing thoughts your way.

Carol

Archived