need ideas Finished w/pics

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, Linda, mine was pretty big scale on the print, too. I went back looking to see if it was a value thing, but I think those are comparable, too. I think it's that I SID'd the stars as I traveled from one set of feathers to the next. It made them pop.

Before I figured out that pattern, I was torn, too, on what to quilt on such a big scale on one and a tone on tone on the other. It really worked well, 'cuz you could see the feathers on the purple, so your eye anticipated them on the print.

thanks for all the suggestions. I am just going to do a bit of line dancing on it.

I can't take a chance on making this lady mad. She is my only customer and she generally gives me a quilt a month to do.

And yes, she is only paying .015 per sq. inch, but that is higher than she used to pay me. And for somebody around here to pay $100 or more for quilting, that's a big deal.

Martha, Your's is stunning, but I think it's more than I want to put into this, and the rose fabric I have is so wild already.

Sorry it's been so long, PIQF was here. 4 days of quilt festival 5 miles from my house! Hog heaven.

Teresa, the line dancing was brilliant. It enhanced the piecing beautifully. As I think I said, mine was a raffle quilt. I was trying to sell my quilting as much as the piecing. But it wasn't a quilting crowd, so I don't think any business came of it. This year's quilt will get a different approach (should get the top any day, just as my inventory has picked up. Grrrr.)

So Teresa you're still quilting for others. Glad to hear it. I know people who send quilts back to more rural areas because of the price differential. And now I'm really torn. I'd float your name to them, but if others who don't currently send out see your work, I could lose more customers.:(

Archived