What I learned at camp

Today I finally got the chance to practice what I learned at Camp Mowana. I learned soooo much. It was great. If you ever get the chance to take a class with Jessica, it is awesome. I learned so much from her. I will try to post a few pics of my practice from today. Still needs lots of PPP, but not a bad start for freehand by a newbie.

post--1346190060714_thumb.jpg

Originally posted by peglu

If nothing else, I'm not afraid of the machine anymore. Now that I know what to practice, I am making some progress. Camp was so good for me. Still have a long way to go, but now I know I can get there.

I think fear is a huge part of holding us back. I have lots of fear. Just today, I am attempting to use a basket weave stencil for the first time and having a bit of trouble with the pounce powder showing. I am a little scared right now... :( Not sure how to do this basketweave without backtracking...

Keep up the great work Peggy!

You know, Peglu, that first picture is quite charming. I see consistency, and that's important. I would love to see that exact design on a little girl's quilt. Don't you think so?

You might try it on a small crib size quilt and gift it to a deserving child. :)

Hey Peggy,

Wow you've already gotten time to practice! I just got home yesterday and had a dinner function to go to so by the time we got home I was ready for bed. Not so quick because my daughter and future SIL came over and we played Wii. I only played 2 games. I was just too tired. I tried to sleep this morning but didn't make it later than 8. It was good to be back in my own bed. I loafed all morning and finally started unpacking and cleaning at 11:30. I ended up tearing the whole refrigerator apart...silly me! It was about bare so it was a good time to do it. Just got home from grocery shopping and still working on laundry. Unfortunately I have to go to work tomorrow. My boss is gone for the week though so I'm really hoping for a nice quiet week!

I hope to get a little practicing in. I finally got that flower border Jessica was teaching us on Thursday. I just need to get to the machine and try to stitch it. I want my leaves to be nice and fat and pretty though and I keep making them thinner and longer. You are so right that fear is the biggest thing that holds you back! I need to get over my fear of freehand! I love my stencils and I love custom but customers don't want to pay for that!

It was great getting to know you.

Peggy - was just thinking of you and wondering how camp went. Good job on the practicing and I am so glad that your fear is subsiding!!! Keep it up and you will be so proud of yourself!! I am thinking that maybe I should go to camp next year. Have already emailed DeLoa about dates. Have been working on pantos and feel somewhat secure - not that they are that great but they keep all the spacing in line and the thinking out - no wonder pantos are considered the bread and butter for LA'ers. The front of the machine is a whole different animal............. I am so afraid to make a mistake!! I can see that you have me hands down in that area!! Great job and keep it up:P:P

Way to go Peggy.

I bought my Millenium July of 2007 and practiced like there is no tomorrow. Like you I took a Beginning 4 day Workshop at Longarm University last November. I am happy to share the fruit of my labor.

2 of my quilts won 1st and 2nd prize ribbons in our Juried Quilt show here in Kern County, California.

Then one of these 2 quilts won 2nd prize at Best of the Valley (Tulare, California where Raquel Birch won best of the show)

These 2 quilts went to Innovations 2008, titles of the quilts are:

Christmas Tree Lights and

Ladybug, Ladybug Fly Away Home.

It is true, PPPPPPP is the key and keep that enthusiasm always high. Sometime in the near future I will learn how to post pictures.

Corey

If you are Our Peggy, the after dark raid at the quilt shop Peggy.. I just had a blast with you and hope to stay in touch.... LOL, yes folks, she was part of us.. fun and sun.. and leaves and quiltshops.. such a sweet lady, too.

I'm trying to remember all I am supposed to have learned.. still have the two blocks of the Play Day to fix up a bit. will post picts in a bit.. have been doing laundry, quilting, cleaning, email, and heading back to quilting.

Was so good to meet you and so many other sweet gals.. of course names went thataway ------ >

and my brain went thataway <--------------

your practice is looking good.. it does take a while then suddenly, it hits and its so much fun to be surprised by it. so PPP and ppp ppp ppp [ppp etc. you'll get there.

Ritar

Archived