fresh off the frame....

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shannon,

Those two quilts are amazing! If this is too nosey to ask, then don't answer, but I have to know - how long did they take and how do you figure out what to charge? Do you keep track of your time as you work? Was your back breaking by the time you finished? Does that customer know how lucky she is????

gina,

it's not nosy to ask.

the cactus quilt took 8 hrs. (15 bobbins) the irish chain took 11 hours(12 bobbins). the irish chain took longer cause i had to mark all those snowflakes with a homemade template. i keep up with my time by writing it all down, like a time card. then i put it in a notebook for future reference. (like that 3 part article in Unlimited Possibilites)

i charged my full custom price. (by the sq inch)

my back wasn't bothering me too bad, i take alot of breaks. also, when i get into the quilitng, i don't notice. my worst thing is i forget to breathe and blink.

i only quilt free hand. i prefer the freedom it allows.

the piecer is one of my favorite customers....and I'm the lucky one....thats a story for another day. :)

Shannon, I'm new around here and usually just read to learn what I can. No APQS machine, yet, but someday. I just had to comment on your beautiful work...it is absolutely amazing. Then I went to your website and saw MORE! You even have COOL DOGS, too, lol!

Were any of the quilts in the gallery pieced by you as well as quilted?

I am so glad you posted these quilts. :)

Archived