Cute quilt

Here is my latest customer quilt. It turned out pretty good...after I talked her out of SID!

2926745030090312137S425x425Q85.jpg

2130101940090312137S425x425Q85.jpg

It was a little scary using black, red, or variegated thread on the front and white on the back..but it worked!!

But notice the one spot that didn't get quilted...it isn't going back on the frame ;)

2209761770090312137S425x425Q85.jpg

What batting and what size needle did you use? I was just using dark purple in the bobbin and white in the top (both So-Fine), Quilter's Dream Mid-Weight poly and a 4.0 needle. I had the pokies through the needle holes, so I ripped it out and went with white and white. I'm just curious if I went with a 3.5 meedle if it would have been better.

Yes, the batting is going to make a big difference I think. It is a terrible, thick, poly batting - like nothing I have seen before. I is stiff, came in sheets like 3' wide and she cut the lenght. I think it is stuff you use for upholstry...but I don't know.

I adjusted my tension to make sure I was not pulling on the bobbin thread with the top so I wouldn't pull the white to the top on the black and the black to back. Kind of a balancing act.

I am relying on the fact that the batting is so thick. It really doesn't show, and I think that once the quilt is off the machine for a while and has time to relax, any spots that may be showing are going to bury themselves in the quilt. ....I hope :)

Archived