This is for you Boni

Boni wanted me to post a picture of this quilt. I entered it in a local show last weekend and it took 2nd place in the Hand quilted/Bed quilts/pieced. I never expected it to do anything.

I only entered it to set a goal to finish it. I've been quilting it on and off for 14yrs.

I hope it's ok to post here as this is a machine forum.

2939394100103540935S425x425Q85.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Coleen, I told you it must be beautiful! We love quilting no matter how it's done. You have lovely hands--and it's a lovely quilt.

Er, could you take a close-up? I did look at your webshots and blog, and found some closeups. Marvelous work. and Congratulations on the ribbon.

Thanks for posting it. You're a friend indeed!:D

Congratulations on your ribbon! Your hand quilting is beautiful. I love hand quilted quilts. I think they are so refreshing to look at. We all probably started out hand quilting and moved into machine quilting when we couldn't finish our tops fast enough. I'm planning on bringing a Christmas quilt I started oh.......maybe 5 years ago......on vacation this summer to work on. I'm looking forward to the relaxation time with needle and thread.

Beautiful quilt!! Love the colors and I just love the log cabin! I've been working on a grandmother's fan for 25 years!! (it has just sit for a lot of those years) I started up on it again the winter before last , but then I got my long arm! so it is sitting again!:o linda

Pictures don't do this quilt justice. I've tried to become adopted into Coleen's family just so I could inherit this quilt. Unfortunately, I remain unadopted. It is a family heirloom and just smashing. A wonderful quilt and a sweet win besides. Congratulatino Coleen, you rock!

Now how did I miss this thread....Coleen, It lovely...and gorgeous, and and and.....wow...your hand piecing stitches are totally WOW..... Never in a million years can do that. I did a itty bitty wall hanging once and NEVER again for me.

Archived