Guild Raffle Quilt off the frame

Here is our guild raffle quilt to be raffled off July 4th weekend. I just took it off the frame this morning.

It is 79 x 95. All freehand custom quilted.

Swirls in each block that I call "Toad Song".

Small Loop in the narrow black sashing.

"Cursive L's" in the bricks of the border.

Wavy wide zigzag in the red.

So Fine top and bottom in red. So Fine black in botton with Maxilock Swirls in black/grey/white variagated. 100% Bamboo batting. (Just love how the quilt drapes with bamboo.)

What a fun quilt to quilt. I had to keep it gender neutral so hopefully we sell more tickets.

Thanks for looking.

Whole front view.

2133516280104483472S600x600Q85.jpg

Closeup of some of the quilting.

2075504490104483472S600x600Q85.jpg

Close up of the corner with the stacked bricks border.

2940687820104483472S600x600Q85.jpg

Here is the back. Pieced with leftover blocks.

2381586530104483472S600x600Q85.jpg

If you need to see more detail...click here http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/572044406bEbEvn ...then click each photo to make it full screen.

Okay, the quilt is hanging across a doorway between my office and soils lab. My studio is in the same building, along with my husband's photography/printing studio. The axe and fire extinguisher are hanging 'just in case'. It is all part of being safe I guess. Adds to the interior decorating of the building too. One of these days I will post pictures of our complex. It is quite unique.

I hope we sell lots of tickets too. We only have 3 weeks till the raffle.

Well I hope it brings in lots of $$ here too. It is hard to decide on a quilt that is gender neutral. Since our challenge was black and white that seemed like a good choice. Then some guild members felt it needed a color too, so red seemed the best to compliment. We'll see what happens. 3 weeks isn't really long enough to sell tickets...but since we a small community...we might be alright. I also thought it should be large enough to be a bed quilt. We almost accomplished that. Usually we raffle lap quilts. This is also the first quilt we have ever custom quilted (and I got the honor of doing it).

Off to start selling tickets tomorrow! ;)

Archived