Finished Baby Quilt - with pics

Remember the baby quilt I posted last week with the really odd blocks? I ignored the blocks and just treated the quilt like a wholecloth. I'm pleased with the results. My customer wanted elegant feathers and flowers. The quilt is a combination of freehand and computerized. The computerized motifs are from Linda Lawson.

SheriB - The basketweave didn't work. It looked awesome, but was too dense. I spent about an hour ripping a section out and decided to go with a plain stipple.

Here's the front:

post--13461902048812_thumb.jpg

My customer is in Texas and I sent her an email last night. I'm sure she will like the quilt. I thought she said that the pattern was hers. Anyway, I learned that this pattern is Cheese & Crackers. Definitely not my favorite. Although it does make a nice wholecloth!!

I agree with the rest...you did make this odd duck into a swan....Cheese and Crackers isn't one of my favorite patterns, either, usually I just stipple the whole quilt, but your ideas have now gone into my book of thoughts and next time I will execute a better plan.

Great quilting for sure.

The basketweave was very easy. I'll definitely keep it in my bag of tricks. I just thought it was too dense for this quilt because my customer was worried about the quilt getting stiff. I tried doing just an "X" in the square part of the basketweave, but then you lost the design. So I just ripped it out and did the stipple. The stipple is about 1/4 inch. Enough to nail it does and make the feathers pop, but still keep the quilt pretty soft. I thought it created a nice texture around the feathers in this quilt.

Archived