Antique Quilt Done

My neighbor has been visiting my studio and is totally hooked on old quilts. In the last couple of months, she's purchased 4 tops with a little help from me. This is the last one to be quilted. I can't remember the name of this block, but the quilt top is lovely. She just lets me do whatever I want because she doesn't sew and doesn't know much about quilts, but she's learning. She now has a Courthouse steps, a triple Irish chain, a double wedding ring, and this one.

Here's the unwashed version. I washed it for her to remove as much of the storage stains as possible.

SusansAntique1.jpg

SusansAntique2.jpg

The first top (and yuckiest) she found at an antique shop. The other 3 I bid on for her on ebay. Sometimes you get lucky. This top was perfect width wise, but 4 inches longer on one side length wise. Sue Patton would be proud of me after taking a class from her. I was able to "suck up" all that extra fabric with dense feather borders. No puckers and you would never know it was there.

Shana, thanks so much! You found it! I'll tell her. I knew it was familiar, but I couldn't find it in any of my old books.

Originally posted by Merryjo2003

...... I can't remember the name of this block, but the quilt top is lovely.

Oh Merry Jo that is so pretty. The quilting is the PERFECT choice for this block design.

I might be wrong, but I think this block is called "Wedding Ring" Here is a picture and link to the block pattern:

http://www.ideas-for-quilting.com/weddingringquiltblock.html

post--13461902172165_thumb.jpg

Archived