At it again with the Quiltazoid

Here is a quilt that I finished using ONLY the Quiltazoid. Love all the various things that can be done using the basic setup and spiro attachment and tracing templates.

There are circles...concentric circles...eccentric circles...spirographs...nested spiros...crosshatching..and a heart wreath and flower!

I had more fun using this new toy of mine. It works so easily from the front of the machine.

I made this quilt for a friend who is going through a divorce after 22 years of marriage. I hope it brings much comfort and adds a little ray of hope and sunshine into her life!

front of quilt:

2348478910104483472S600x600Q85.jpg

close up:

2223313090104483472S600x600Q85.jpg

closer up of spiros:

2263106090104483472S600x600Q85.jpg

close up of border with circles:

2309296740104483472S600x600Q85.jpg

the back: (a little off for color, but shows the quilting)

2644280030104483472S600x600Q85.jpg

Kristina, the quilt looks great! Are there a lot of starts and stops on the motifs with the Quiltizoid? I'm trying to decide between it and the CL. I really like the fact that you can mount it in the front. Much easier for me if I can see where I'm going. Keep the feedback coming (and the pics.....love to look).

Oh man--you guys are playing and I have a giant customer quilt loaded!! Plus I was up at 3AM to load 4 semi's of hogs this morning--so I might be a little loopy today!!

Love the picutures Kristina!!

For all you on the fence girls--I can only speak for what I have tried--and I LOVE using this gadget from the front. I have the Hartley Fence and thought I liked it's circle capabilities--have used it often--and just did a Baptist Fan with it--but now that I tried theses circle there is just no comparison--and can't wait to try a BF with this!! I liked the fact that you hold the machine handles and not the styls to make the design.

I don't think any of us have tried the long continous templates from the back of the machine--but they are available too.

Anyway--that is what I know for now.

Hello everyone. Just getting in this morning.

There is one start and stop per spirograph. When you nest 2 of them together you are essentially placing a smaller ro larger spiro next to another, so that makes 2 starts/stops.

I only have 5 tracing templates at the moment. I love the way the QZ sets up from the front of the machine. I can see exactly where my circles need to be and my designs.

I actually played alot with this the last couple of days. I even put in the gear cartridge for spiros and came up with new designs not in the book depending which slot I put it into! How fun is that? I am very comfortable now using this tool. I can switch back/forth from designs rather quickly and love it. Did I already say that?!

I have not gotten any of the continuous pattern boards...but probably will in the future. These will give me other options for allover designs.

Keep the questions coming...I am certain that Terri, Heidi, Cindy and myself will be happy to help out! :)

Archived