Must Be a FULL MOON!

Good Heavens!

I've been working on the SECOND ROW of my 30s quilt (yes, I said 2nd! thought I'd be done by now!) and my bobbin thread keeps breaking, and my needle isn't picking up the bobbin thread, and I keep making mistakes, and for today, I QUIT!

I DID figure out that when I changed the needle, (3 times) I kept putting it in backwards... LOL but things just keep happening!

Think I'll just run some errands...

But first, is the full moon or almost full moon affecting YOUR quilting?

Originally posted by Stagecl

When I worked at a fabric store for many years, we could always tell when the moon was full. The customers were just different and that is all I'll say about that.:o:o

AMEN!!!! that is the truth and I to second that....they are so different, and you can tell sometimes days before it actually happens.:cool:

My full moon day was last week when my bobbin thread kept wrapping around the hook assembly and this week I am still having minor issues with my tension...thank goodness that I am only working on charity quilts this week so I have time to fine tune my tension back to its sweet spot.

Hang in there and do as the others suggest...walk away from your machine and drink wine and eat chocolate ;)

Originally posted by Bobbi47

Good Heavens!

I DID figure out that when I changed the needle, (3 times) I kept putting it in backwards... LOL but things just keep happening!

I was putting the needle in backwards and finally told myself when looking at the needle from the side that the bulge goes in the front, like boobs and bellys. Since then I've always gotten it right. :D Full moon tomorrow, I guess it's time to double up on my sleepy time herbs because I think it affects my sleep.

Tell me about it. I handle credit and collections for two companies with three locations around the state. I've been chewed out in Houston, Dallas, Fort Worth, Austin, San Antonio, Abilene, El Paso and McAllen. Oh, and Shreveport, La! And this is all business to business. I'm going to use the line from the Godfather. "It's not personal, it's business.". There are a few people on hold now. ;)

Carmen, I think you've made a "remembrance" for our needle.

Bulge in front like Bellies and Boobs.

Our Needle Rhyme:

I broke a needle to my dismay

Now to insert a new one today...

And can't remember the right way..

Oh yes, I think I remember now..

It's got a bulge, but which way does it go?

Aaah, yes, it's up front like Bellies-n-Boobs you know!

My day has been so bad, I'm going outside to see if there are TWO full moons out there. My IQ futzed up so bad I can't use it and have to wait for a part that will take 2 days to get here and the quilt I am doing was total computer work, now I'm trying to do the straight parts with a ruler,but can't continue any of the alernating blocks that have a specific feather pattern in them.

I tried - and futzed up 2 different background fills and spent most of the day ripping them out. The computer froze up, so just now am back to using it.

Because I stood lopsided while frogging, my hip is screaming at me, I can't find my favorite pair of capris and my daughter shrunk my shirt in the dryer. Total NO FUN day!

Oh yeah! I am in the backyard grilling in my PJs (had an equally hard day at work!) when a customer comes by (without calling) to get my (free) advice on a wallhanging she wants to enter in a big show. Heh heh.... I call Den to come get the steaks off the grill, excuse my appearance (you get what you get if you drop by unannounced), proceed to the studio where she picks my brain for 45 minutes. Now, if you had interrupted someone's dinner, wouldn't you have at least cut the visit short? I guess not.....;)

BTW, the steaks were delicious! Den says to do them that way all the time! Here's the recipe---grill for 5 minutes, turn off the gas, put the steaks on the high shelf in the grill, if you have one. Yak with a customer for 45 minutes while the steaks "mellow". Retrieve the steaks, take the shriveled bakers out of the microwave and nuke the steaks for two minutes. Yummy!

Happy full moon, everybody!:P

Whew! Am I GLAD it wasn't just ME!

Linda, I did the same thing - went to the store got steaks - ON SALE! - and fresh sweet corn... Great dinner! I have to fry mine - no grill - and it was delicious!!!!

Thanks for the great laughs grils!!!! I needed that...

Went and looked at my quilt, and think I might start again in the morning. We'll see...

Yup must be a full moon.

I felt like I spun my wheels all day at work today. I know I got something done at work today... didn't I? It's been one of those crazy days for me, too. I think I accomplished one thing. :P

Oh and the way I've always remembered how to put my needle in correctly is that the concave part goes toward the back. I never thought about the "boobs n belly bulge in front" analogy. :D

Archived