North Carolina Visit with PICS

Wow my Son and his wife are home from Iraq and I finally had two weeks with my Granddaughters who actually live in Texas. Due to a nasty divorce I don't get to see them as much as I would like to and I'm sure many Granny's out there know that feeling.

None the less I did get two weeks with them in North Carolina and my Son. So glad he is home and Safe. I absolutely have the most wonderful NEW DAUGHTER in Law I could ever ask for. The whole family just adores her. My SON is finally really happy. Isn't that all we want for our children " To be happy".

I read a neat quote on my Dove Chocolate the other day. It said " Success is getting all you want but Happiness is wanting what you get" I like that......

Visiting in New Jersey for a few weeks to spend time with my Honey who has been away from home too long. lol

Anyway, Check out my Beautiful Grand-daughters......

Thanks for letting me share my excitement with you. I'm so proud of them. We had the Best time ever.

Yea I know it isn't quilt related. lolol

The first is Taryn and she is 2.

The Second is Haydyn and she is 3.

post--1346190239565_thumb.jpg

So glad your son is home from Iraq and you got to spend time with the grandchildren, Divorce sure does mess up a Grandma's time with those darling kids. I know it only too well. Glad he made it home safely as well, My son is at Brag and has come home from 2 deployments safely, it is certainly a praise when they do. Congratulations!!

My son is stationed at Ft Bragg, deployed to Afghanistan and actually arrived home for R&R this morning. We won't get to see him, but that's OK, he will be spending the 2 weeks with his wife. They were married just 2 months before he deployed, so they deserve this time alone.

Prayers were answered when they landed on our soil safely. Your son and his little family are just beautiful!! You are very proud and should be........those little girls are adorable. Thank them for me for keeping our country safe for us, Tammie.

(((((((((BIG HUGS))))))))))

Blessings to you Grammie on your beautiful family. What a picture of the two soldiers with the little girls. Says it all about our country. Thank you to them and all those who serve our country with so many sacrifices to their own families. So glad you were able to spend time with them. Hope they are home for keeps!!

Vickie Oliver

Beachside Quilter

APQS Rep SW FL

Thanks everyone,

Sheri She is the step-mom. lol Everyone thinks she is the Mother but she is my sons second wife. They married just before they deployed but now are going on their honeymoon. lol Her mom and Coy's Stepmom brought the girls in from Texas to be their when their Daddy got home.....

She is so wonderful to the girls. No one would even no she wasn't their mom. lol

They adore her. The mom is a pretty blue eyed gal too.

Hgus and I love our chat too. Same goes for me.

Hugs and Love Grammie TAmmie

PS Thanks to all of you for your prayers for a save return and may they continue for those who still need to return home....

congratulations to you Tammie and Ruthie on your sons coming home and big thank yous to all who serve. My son actually just walked in the front door for the weekend. I showed him the pictures, he says there are so many people stationed there the chances of knowing someone is slim. He didnt know them, but was glad that they had returned home safely.

Beautiful little girls for sure. enjoy them

Archived