Finished 2nd Charity Quilt

Hello. I wanted to share the second charity quilt that I just finished. This one is for the silent auction at church. I hand and machine appliqued pooh and the flowers, machine embroidered the butterflies at the top, and painted the flowers in the borders and on some of the appliqued flowers.

2401677770103885794S500x500Q85.jpg

There are more close up pics on webshots: 2645960590103885794HzqRlJ_th.jpg

Evelyn

that is beautiful. Did you make the design yourself?

Your use of feathers and then the lines underneath really make this quilt so adorable and the feathers in the lettering is very creative as well. Pat yourself on the back for a great big Atta Girl!!

Okay, now that I looked at the close ups I have more questions. It looks like you did some coloring in of some of the flowers, leaves etc. Could you tell us what you use to color them and did you do the coloring before or after the quilting. I can see you used the quilting for the drawing of the smaller designs, so I am wondering which came first (the chicken or the egg?);):D:P:cool: Very impressive!!

I have to agree that has to be the cutest "POOHM" quilt ever....in our house he isn't called Pooh its Poohm....I can't show that to Siana she will be wanting to be at the Silent Auction and I don't have any road trips left in me right now.

Jeanne. I quilt first and then I color. I use the FabricMate pens mostly because I can get them in a blunt tip and fine tip in the same color and they do not need heat setting. I am experimenting more with the technique of coloring the background around the quilting instead of in the quilting, though I do both.

Boni. Yes Irena was my inspiration. I am always looking for new techniques and effects of coloring and painting.

I love quilting but I think I am addicted to coloring as well.

Thank you all for your kind comments. They do keep me motivated to do more.

Evelyn

Archived