What you get when you can't mark a quilt

I keep looking at your quilt. I must have gone back 10 times or more. That little curved cross hatching is captivating. Just how small is it? half inch? smaller? And I love the defining lines around the feather motif, and what simplicity you did in the applique. AND the borders are sweet, just the right combination of feather, stipple, and piano keys. A lovely harmonious outcome!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To answer a few questions. The crosshatching is 1/4 inch. Easy to do with the Judilator tool. The issues I faced by not pre-marking were not being able to see that I was not going to get even diamond shapes. Some blocks were laid out differently which caused my curves to become elongated. Ok, these issues go deeper than quilting....but I'm on medication now lol.

I enjoy doing the background fill I used better than stippling and it goes by so many names..peacock feathers, shells etc. It is basically a tear drop and echoed over it and goes off in different directions. Not my original idea, just my way of doing it.

Again thanks for all the nice comments and remember you can all do it if I can.

• 5 months later...

Archived