What you get when you can't mark a quilt

I have had this quilt on and off for about two months. It was made by a woman that passed and her daughter commissioned my customer to finished it for her. The reds were not prewashed and were already bleeding a little. I could only use my air erasable pens for registration marks, but most was just hit and miss. Yes a ton of misses. The blocks were not all laid the same way, so the quited designs are not all even. More thought prior to quilting would have helped....maybe. I used Arc thread on top and bottom line on bottom. QD poly batt.

2129030060100486409S425x425Q85.jpg

2570131770100486409S425x425Q85.jpg

2119899090100486409S425x425Q85.jpg

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You did it again! I have been waiting to see when another breathtakingly beautiful quilt was coming our way from you!! It is shockingly gorgeous. I can't see what type of stippling you used in and around the roses, Also can you give us an idea about how long this type of masterpiece takes to complete. It must be alot of hours involved in something this intricate! Your curved crosshatching is wonderful, Did you use the largest Judilator to get it that large?

I know so many questions, sorry:cool:

Once again, I think that we are our own worse critics. I don't see any misses from here. So if they are there, and I'm sure you could point them out to us, I don't see them. In my book, this is just plain georgeouuuuuus. A fab job and helped this quilter look down and say - awww, they got it finished for me. Super job on this quilt.:D

Thanks for all the nice things you say. But you know how it is when you are up close and personal. I'm dissappointed with the symmetry in the curves and points and the things that jut out are all different sizes so the circles became ovals. It definitely shows hand work. Yes I did use my Judalators and I didn't keep track of my hours, because I kept taking it down to make some money with pantos. Because my customer is a good friend I put on the two borders and with the batting included I charged her .07 for the whole thing.

I know what you mean by "when you have misses you don't post close ups" - I just finished a quilt that looks great from a distance, and I could do some more work on it, but I'm just getting tired of it.

From my perspective, the overall appearance of this quilt and the quilting is so awesome that you are entitled to whatever misses you perceive are there. Leave it alone! It's beautiful if not perfect.

Archived