Jelly Stars quilt

Hi all --

I finished this Jelly Star quilt for a friend a couple of days ago, and really like how it turned out. The pattern is by Fig Tree Quilts, and she bought a jelly roll to use for the lone stars. I thought it was a little boring (pastels are not my thing) when she brought it to me, but when quilted, it turns into a WOW! quilt.

Also, I had a hard time uploading these pictures to Webshots for the last two days, but today they uploaded just fine. Anyone else with this problem?

2860194960097158062qSHCPy_th.jpg

2631936870097158062TzsEnE_th.jpg

2894777760097158062LbSvDc_th.jpg

Jill, Your quilting is, as always, amazing to me. I have a quilt with this same pattern coming up and I'm glad that you posted these pictures. This is just what I suggested to my custmer and she agreed to it. So now I know that I'm on the right track. Beautiful work on this one and your quilting really makes this quilt. :P

Thanks so much for the kind words. The quilting didn't take that long -- 1 day to mark it, and 2 days to quilt it. Believe it or not, it took the longest to mark the crosshatching in the sashing, because they are a weird length, and one was 1/2 inch shorter than the rest! I think I marked it 3 times before it came out right.

Hi Pat-

I can't really take much credit for the design, because it is very similar to the picture on the pattern. However, my friend added an extra border to make the quilt bigger. I decided to treat the 2 outside borders as one, and do curling feather border over both.

Jill

Your quilting certainly did make this quilt and so fast too, is that two full days to quilt it like 8 hrs per day. Did you use a wreath template to make your wreaths or did you mark all that too! It is wonderful, I too don't think this will be used to much, just too pretty, What size is it anyway?

Archived