Jack's Chain...done!!!

Just wanted to share a top I just finished. I hope to quilt it when I'm on a break around Christmas. I would love to hear any quilting ideas!

This was one of DeLoa's patterns that I bought from her website. I made the 3" nine-patches as leaders-and-enders and spent the summer hand-piecing it all together. It was a good summer project. I only made it couch size since I only wanted this to be a summer project.

DeLoa, if you're out there...I really enjoyed this project and it went together like a dream!

very cool quilt, was there an easy way to get those hexagons in or was it all set in seams. Hopefully there was a little trick to it that helped you out. You did a wonderful job and I too would make a nice feathered wreath type design in the hexagon and a feathered border inside of the blue border. what great possiblities you have on this one.

when i looked at it i see 'wheels' and since it's called jack's chain' i came up with a masculine quilting plan.

i like the CCed triangles in the hexagons because it looks like the design of a hubcap, then just CC the nine patches and triangles....look at the pretty secondary design on that too....and the back of this quilt will be SO pretty...

for the blue inner border, mark 60 degree triangles (the grey line) and then CC them. that will continue the CC out to the edge of the quilt and also pull a design element from the piecing out to the edge.

then instead of traditional feathers, do a triangle type feather in the outer cream border.

between your piecing and the blue border, use a cream thread that blends with the fabric and do your favorite filler. that'll add visual texture without taking the focus away from that beautiful piecing

clear as mud?

post--13461902620826_thumb.jpg

I had a couple ideas related to the mention of a tire. After trying to draw this one, I give up on the second. In the squares I'd do as little sid as possible, and use the line dance or terry twist *I hope thats the name.

Good luck on it, it will be a top line beauty when it's done.

Rita & Himself

post--13461902624532_thumb.jpg

Archived