southeast "Peach' group

Shannon, I'm trying to figure out how Vicki is only 5 hours away from you? Charleston SC is 8 hours from me. Maybe I95 makes up the time. I live about 3 hours from Vicki (sometimes 5 or 6 depending on the tunnels and I95 traffic). Anyway, Vicki if you started a group and met on the weekend I would be there, and bring a couple other LQ'ers with me. We discussed a group here in Hampton Roads but so many of our LA'ers are strict (that other machine) and won't join a mixed group and others just don't want to share, guess they're afraid of having their customers stolen (I would never go after another LA'ers customers). Even with that said I think there's enough Virginian's and Maryland, PA are close by to have a group. Shannon, good luck with your group and who know we might just come south for a meeting sometime:cool:

Shannon,

This time of year get booked so fast. I'd give everyone at least 4 weeks notice of the meeting date. That way, even if they have something already booked, they might be able to rearrange schedules. I know I've got stuff scheduled throughout the fall, but would love to participate in general.

Lynn

Hi Shannon,

Yes I am closer to DC than NC so it may be a little farther than 5 hours...however this does get me thinking that maybe we should get a group going for this area.

Connie you are not too far and I know there is someone that is just south of Richmond and prob others that are lurking and haven't spoken up yet - but they will :)! There are approx 4-5 other La'rs in my area but we seldom talk to each other, even attend the same quild, isn't that sad? Maybe the competition thing is the problem although I certainly think there is enough work to go around and then some!

Anyway, it would be fun to get differant geographical groups going and then all get together once in a while...

Hi Shannon,

Talk to Deb Figvid on this forum, amazing woman, she and another person just started the Northern Illinois Long Armers. Second meeting will be Sat. October 3rd. 9:30 am to 12:30, then out for quick bite to eat and informal socializing. Officers Election Meeting is on the adgenda. Talk to Deb, she'd got it goin on!

Shana is such a rare peach, just like you!

Shannon:

Can't wait to hear about your meetings, and when you will have them! You are only about 10 hours away, (only?) So it's within the range of possibility to drive!

Right now, Rita and I go to a meeting once a month in Zanesville, about an hour and a half south of here, it's so enjoyable! We learn something new every time!

Looks like you'll have a great response! Let us know about B&B's in the area too!

okay- those of you definitely interested- email me your email. i'm going to start a contact folder just for this.

i'm thinking the first meeting will be oct. 10th 2009 (the saturday before gun season starts :) ) with the next meeting in january?...

will this work- or to close for planning? or would january be a better first meeting?

email me! my address is in the orginial post, but here it is again:

half_square @ hotmail.com (take out the spaces)

You are over 7 hours from me, I can't be a peach:(

Maybe we could start a group here in Southern Illinois? Possibly do a joint gathering during the Paducah show? I am about 30-40 minutes from Paducah.

I am centrally located between Paducah KY and Cape Girardeau MO. and 132 miles from St louis.

Hey, I am close enough to be a Peach, and I am already a Moxie and I am going to connect up with Jolene now that the road trip is over. So that makes lots of fun for me. Patty Jo, you can come see me in Pens and then go to all the meetings with me. Too much fun. You are footloose for now girlie, so come on down. And Shana, I will have a guest room starting Oct. 1 when I move into my own place. :D:D:D Sylvia, can't wait to see you and Gloria again. If Patty is busy, I have two twin beds in the guest room and I like wine and cheese too. LOL

Nancy;););)

Shannon, you have a wonderful idea. It's amazing how many longarmers are out there that have no one to help, encourage and support them. I'm very lucky that here in Colorado, I have at least three different group to attend. There's one is in Denver, one in Colorado Springs and one in Pueblo. Without them I'd really be sad and totally uninformed! Good going girl!

I'm a bit lost :D Am still on the road from the Jax quilt show and FL roadshows..... not sure which Patty you are talking to Sylvia.... I will have to read this whole discussion when I get back home. Gotta go now to set up for the roadshow.....

Oh, and our Fl groups name is just the Panhandle group. Not nearly as exciting as the "Beach"ers or how bout the "Beach Babes" :P

Archived