new and excited

Hi,

I'm new to the forum but have learned so much on here. My husband and I will be traveling from Indiana Thursday to pick up our Millie. It is a slightly used 2009 with lots of extras like edge rider wheels, micro drive handles, quilt glide, hydraulic lift and the quilt advance. We are buying it from a lady in Des Moines. She is taking us to the showroom to visit and shop on Friday. I'm not sure how much more I can shop though since I just placed a LARGE order with Adam and Linda (thanks to a few ladies on here who love the quiltazoid;). I have never used a long arm before so I am nervous about all the expense but figured if I am going to do it I might as well do it right. The great thing is that my husband seems every bit as excited as I am. He isn't into the piecing but thinks he will enjoy the long arm. He is much more artistic than I am so hopefully he can do some freehand. I am hoping there will always be someone on the forum that can help us out as we get started!

Cheri Blevins

Welcome to a very friendly site. Congratulations on your purchase. My Millie is a 2007 and I wish I had waited a few months to purchse beause of the upgrades that have become available. But, I love my Katie. I do not crank out as many quilts as some, nor are they as beautiful. But, I totally love it. At this time, I am only quilting for me. Making quilts for everyone in the family. I love both the piecing arena and the quilting arena.

You will have such fun.

Marilyn

Welcome Cheri to the APQS family. You are going to love it. I assume that this was Debbi's machine you bought. You got all the bells and whistles and should be very pleased with it.

Also, glad to hear that you purchased the Quiltazoid. Please share any questions, concerns, pictures of finished quilts, pictures of finished quilts..oops, did I already say that?!

Have fun and enjoy your new baby. :)

Yes we are buying the machine from Debbi. It's early to bed tonight because we leave early in the morning for Iowa :). I have a feeling it will be a long time before I can post pictures! It is a bit scary when I look at the pictures of all the beautiful quilts posted on here. I can't imagine ever being able to do anything like that. Thanks everyone for being so welcoming into the group :)

Cheri

It's official. My Millie just left the driveway with Cheri and her husband. They will be headed home with it tomorrow. Best of luck to ya Cheri!! Call me if you need anything.

Oh yeah. I took Cheri to the APQS showroom. She got to meet Tony and she bought a boat load of pretty threads. So Fine, Rainbows, Bottom Line in a rainbow of colors. :D She made a pretty good dent in the shipment that the showroom just got this week!! :P:P

Archived