One of my first start to finish quilts

I am soo excited! I just finished one of my very first quilts, from start to finish (well almost, my mom will be binding it!) I've dabbled in piecing but never stuck with it until I got my longarm. My husbands family are huge Case IH farmers so this is sure to be a hit at our Chirstmas gift exchange! I'll post pictures of my kids quilts I've made them for Christmas soon! (One of them is already wrapped!)

Don't mean to toot my own horn, but I'm aweful proud of it! :)

2519694300105589211S200x200Q85.jpg

2268592940105589211S200x200Q85.jpg

I think it will go over well too, especially since it's a grab bag style of exchange (my husband has 11 brothers and sisters, so there's a bunch of us) and we all love to "fight" and "steal" each others gifts when its our turn!!

I made a simple 4 patch for each one of my kids. My sons is a horse theme and I used a barbed wire panto for his and my daughters is a little cow with a cute flower by her ear. Thats the one I'll post next since my ds is already wrapped and ready to be put under the tree.

Thanks everyone for the warm wishes and compliments it really means alot!! Someday when my children are a little older I hope to have more time to piece. But right now my babies need mommy and that's more important right now! :)

So I'll LA in the evening when they are playing or napping and piece my own quilts whenever I have time!

Archived