Rose Quilt

Beautiful Merete!

OK, I have the solution for those 700 BOM quilts to come:

you create the patterns in the new Art and Stitch digitizing software, get yourself a second Millie with a CompuQuilter: do one freemotion custom quilting for the original designer and the other 699 get the computerized versions :) They can look the same as the original, that is up to you: with Art & Stitch you can create very precise patterns, or patterns which look like freemotion and you can layout all patterns for the full quilt and then send them to the computer row by row, according to the throat depth of your machine.

Now if you just invite us over to Norway, we will come and show it to you :)

You sure did a wonderful job on that beautiful quilt!

Loes

Very nice Merete.

Loes, I think she already has IQ on her machine but yes a good principal. She could also record her custom quilting of each block onto the IQ and do 699 more (hopefully whilst asleep!).

I'm sure you will get sick of quilting the same quilt over and over, 10 is already too many. I have the prospect of several more Thimbleberry Birdhouse BOM quilts to do.

Originally posted by veg-girl

Very nice Merete.

Loes, I think she already has IQ on her machine but yes a good principal. She could also record her custom quilting of each block onto the IQ and do 699 more (hopefully whilst asleep!).

Good idea! The recording of the freeemotion can be saved as a DXF file, right?

Well, then you can open the DXF file in our new Art and Stitch software, do a little tweaking if necessary, and save in DXF, or IQ, or QLI or any other quilt format) for future use.

I could use a test pattern! Anyone out there who has the time to record a freemotion pattern and send it to me? Please send to me privately, as a zipped file to

info at artistitch dot com

Thanks!

Loes

Archived