A Happy Christmas Quilt!

Well, if you have followed my blog this quilt is actually called Bloody Big Xmas Bargello but it is finished at last and is actually an everyday bed quilt for a change. It is also very large so I will have to buy a new bed. It started off as a workshop sample that was a bit bigger. It was meant to be quick but took forever. There is no fancy quilting but it looks pretty good now it's done.

From snowy Scotland I wish you all a very Happy Christmas!!

post--13461903010195_thumb.jpg

Linzi...its really a great quilt. I love the way you photographed it over the fense with the snow. Do you get a lot of snow in the part of Scotland where you live? BTW, I loved my visit to Scotland last September, and I really, really want to go back again!

We have almost 24 inches of snow here in the Philadelphia suburbs. My husband, son and I have been shoveling all day. Now I'm inside, showered, in a baggy, warm, fleece pair of overalls. Definately not Victoria's Secret... but who would I be kidding, anyway? LOL I'm in-between baking Christmas cookies. Yum!

Linzi,

Glad to see BBB finished. It looks wonderful.

Now for the next project:D

You have a bit more snow than what I have. We have had a dusting and more is expected. We don't normally get much here as as we are only a couple of 100 yards from the River Clyde.

Hope you have a good Christmas.

Will speak to you in the New Year about Marks visit. Roll on 2010.:D

Tracy G

What beautiful colors! I'd love to have that quilt.

We've had six inches of snow here in my part of Pennsylvania. We were on the fringe of the storm that really hit southeast of us. Fortunately for me, after 13 years, our snowblower broke and the new 8 horsepower cleans in a snap. Our next storm is predicted for Christmas Eve, but hopefully it won't happen.

It IS a Bonnie Hunter pattern and I will send her a pic too. It's a fab way of doing things as long as you don't forget which way round it all goes!

It didn't get a border as I decided that 8 feet square was actually quite large...

We do get snow here sometimes but not 2 feet! I'm hoping it doesn't melt before Christmas - it's so festive.

Archived