Pebbling is done, done, done!

OK girls & guys I can't share pictures but if you saw my face right now you would know how excited I am!!!! I have this quilt quilted and will wash and block tomorrow night. Then I can start adding color to it. I love how it looks and can't wait to see it all done. I'm so stinking excited. I so wish I could share and I'm really not trying to tease. I have to wait until April 15th! Tax day has never been something I've looked forward to but this year is different! :P:cool::cool: Now maybe my family will see me upstairs more!

Heidi

I can imagine how happy you are to be done with the pebbling, that is so time consuming, I had just a small taste of what you have been doing this weekend. I know that I have not done enough as they sure don't look as pretty as some I have seen. What amount I did do took the better part of today to finish and that is with many breaks as I just can't stick with it for more than about a half hour at a time, then it is break time. VEry happy for you and we will all stand in line to see your masterpiece the 15th of April. You go Girl!!

Thanks for the support you all. I'm glad to have the quilting part done. My mom came over today while I was quilting and saw the quilt on the frame. She was looking at the micro work and said how much the feathers really popped. Then I showed her that the micro work was little circles and she says, "Oh my God you did all those!!!!" LOL I just laughed and said yup.

Jeanne - yes they are tiring and trust me my right arm is telling me enough already! LOL I did most of it in non-SR and that really worked well. I even did McTavishing without the SR today. I had to put something in different from pebbles :D:D:D. That was my break. I'm glad to have it done today. I was really thinking that it might take another day. My daughter is coming over tomorrow night to help me block it. That should be fun...it must weigh 30 lbs. I can't imagine what it will weigh when it is wet!

Originally posted by meg

CONGRATULATIONS HEIDI!

I will be anxiously awaiting April 15th because after the little peek I had - I am DYING to see it.

PS Just posted about Kimmies CDs - that was a great recommendation - thanks!

Meg I'm glad you love the DVD's. They are great! As far as the sneak peek you saw (she came to my studio and saw the real thing) it is a long way from that!

I took the rotary cutter to it this morning. That is always so scary!!!!! I had to trim it down a little before I wash it. I left about 1" extra all the way around. IT is so heavy!!! I can't imagine how heavy it will be when it is wet!

Thanks for all the support and I sure hope I live up to your expectations! The quilt is blocked and drying. It was so scarey to put it in the water!!!!! It came out good although my back is screaming at me! My daughter was such a huge help! Once it is dry I'll have to trim it and then get to coloring it.

Tracey - the dvd is Kimmie Brunners Twirly Whirly Feathers. Fantastic if you want a good source for feathers.

Anna,

I'm using Irena Bluhm's technique using colored pencils. I don't have a ton of coloring on this one, just strategic spots. The quilt is mostly navy blue and of course you can't really color on that so I added in sections of applique in white into the design. It is the white areas that will be colored leaving some white space. The quilt is called Gilded Majestic Blooms. The quilting is done using silver metallic thread for the main designs and then I used blue on the blue and white on the white for the background quilting. I can't stop looking at it and fretting over it being square. There isn't a good line to follow to square it and that is making it very difficult! I was up until midnight fussing with it. This morning before I came to work I did some more measuring and I think I finally have a good plan for getting it completely square!

Archived