Stupidest thing i have ever done

I do not think any of you can beat this one.

I am piecing together one of those little Downey Corp quilts.

(I have one of my machines set up in my office so i can sew during lunch, and after i'm too tired for work work and waiting for DH to give in) i have been up since 3a.m.i am really tired, Any way. I am on the last row of the top and discover the bobbin thread is a vanishing thread. No Foolin' i totally do not remember why i have v thread in it. Just looked nuetral and yadayada....

This beats all in my book of stupid francine manuvers.. oh well at least it got a laugh better than cryin':D

Oh, dang! :( I don't know what a Downey Corp quilt is but I know it isn't good to stitch one together with vanishing thread! :o Your schedule is horrible and I'm anxious for the April 15 tax deadline so that you can get some much needed rest and a very good night's sleep. Another one of life's lessons. (sigh!)

The Downey corporation supplies the fabric for quilts for sick children. They send it to you and you piece it and you can quilt it or send it back and another quilter will quilt it. They are really simple but they like them to be back within 4 weeks. at least i don't have to rip it!!:D:D:D:D:D:D

I think i will go back to taxes tonight..

You are not alone in doing stupid things. I do them all the time. Yesterday I was starching some fabric as it was going to be cut on the diagonal. I had placed my starch spray bottle behind me on a ledge. I reached around and grabbed a bottle and started spraying. It wasn't until later I discovered I had grabbed a pet odor cleaner bottle instead. I guess my quilt wont have any pet odors. :D

Pamela

Originally posted by sammi357

slightly off-topic, but in the same vein...

the fabric store's bathing suit display kept disappearing. They re-made the display, put it up, then that one would be gone. The lady sewing them finally made the next one with water soluable thread!

roflol! :P

too funny! :P:P serves them right for stealing!

And Penelope..note to self: put the vainshing thread far far away! ;)

Originally posted by sammi357

slightly off-topic, but in the same vein...

the fabric store's bathing suit display kept disappearing. They re-made the display, put it up, then that one would be gone. The lady sewing them finally made the next one with water soluable thread!

roflol! :P

Justifiable use of water soluable! Can you just imagine their surprise. ROFLMAO!

Glad to hear I'm not the only one to do an OOPS once in a while...............it's pretty frustrating at the time but it does give a person a good laugh about it later! It must be something in the air right now because I pulled a "first" on Sunday evening..............I finally finished quilting my machine applique quilt and had attached the binding with my Lenni. I took the quilt off the frame and took it to my cutting table to trim the excess backing and batting.....................and wouldn't you know it, I trimmed it just a hair too close on one corner and cut through about two threads on the folded edge of the binding and it laid it right open! :(:( I was so exhausted and disgusted with myself at that point that I just laid my quilt across my cutting table and walked away from it! We're leaving on Friday morning for vacation for a week and I haven't decided if I'm going to tackle removing the binding and fixing it before we leave or not. It may be waiting for me when I come home................see, you're not the only one that does something dingy! :P

Been there done that! lol It did come out fine, I unloaded, cut as much off the top edge of the backing as possible attached it to the bottom, reloaded and finished my quilting! Now I start as close to the top edge as I dare and insist on at least 4" all around.

Did this one last night, first I don't think quilting when your under the weather is a good idea anymore! lol I feel awful but trying to make a self imposed deadline! I'm doing a feathered wreath on a large 18" block using a stencil as I'm not good enough yet to just go for it, the quilt is huge 110 x 110 so 5 blocks across and I'd finished 4 and their not bad for a beginner, marked the 5th and darn the feathers were going in the opposite direction, I was glad to have noticed before I stitched it!! Oops!! So, I sprayed a little cold water on my markings and called it a night! Will try again this evening.

Archived