Big Black and White

Here are finished pictures of a big quilt that was just picked up. I used a pattern board that Den made for me for the Greek keys. She wanted it "just like the picture in the magazine".

The interesting thing was --there was a nice quilting diagram on the last page of the instructions (which I LOVE!) except, the diagram didn't match what was showing in the photos. I fudged a bit and changed a bit. It is very modern and stark-looking but will be great in a modern setting.

post--13461903773599_thumb.jpg

OMG Linda, that is the quilt that my son wants me to make big enough for his King sized bed!!! (As the bed spread...not just a quilt).

It's from the fons & porter magazine I think.. I have it saved upstairs in my quilting room.

You sure did an awsome job on it! Love the pattern board Den made too!!

Originally posted by PattyJo

hi Linda - Sign me up for 1 doohicky too!!!:D

Here's a pic of the Greek key board Den made. If you want one and have a Topper or other front-side pattern holder, Den will make a double pattern--one row 2" wide and one row 3" wide with keys that are 12" long for $15.

Double rows with 20" of keys for $25.

Shipping is extra.

I used the stylus that fits the R&S boards. If you have a CL stylus, let us know since the grooves are wider.

I really didn't post this to sell anything!:o I kinda twisted Den's arm!

He is buried in self-imposed projects--the house is partially re-roofed, the basement is being finished, he has turned the big garage into a media room:P (he insulated, sheet-rocked, taped, textured, and painted a big screen on one wall. And yet the car, motorcycle, and CG router still live there! Romantic, huh?)

Email if you want a board.

Thanks for all the nice comments on the quilt--even with the board, the keys ate the most time. It took about 14 hours total--about 6 of that was keys.

post--13461903775468_thumb.jpg

Archived