My colored Garden Medellion Quilt

This quilt came about because I needed one showing how the different templates can be used on a quilt. I spent about and hour marking the quilt (traced around the templates with blue water erase pen), One day to quilt it out, wash out the markings, and color the quilt with colored pencils(finished last night at 11 PM. Today, I put the fabric medium on the colored parts, let it dry and then did the background quilting. Trying to get the binding on it before the show this weekend. I know what I'll be doing in the hotel room the night before the show opens.

I really enjoyed just going for it and it is wonky in many ways. The circles with the wonky cross hatching was the start and so from then on, everything is a miss-mash of stitching & it matches me and my personality to a "T" :P

OK, here is a couple of pics.........................

2954822600094956607S600x600Q85.jpg

2252474640094956607S600x600Q85.jpg

2342938990094956607S600x600Q85.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Thank you for all the very nice comments. Usually, I think about a quilt for a long time before I do anything and for something that was put together so fast, I think it came out ok. You are all very kind.;)

I'm not sure that I will ever enter this in a show, cause all the quilt shows that I'm going to, I will have it in my booth. I got the binding sewn on by DM and now will hand stitch it on tomorrow night at the hotel. I still have to pack but I at least got the laundry all done so I have something to pack. The faster I go, the behinder I get!:)

Linda, I haven't had any show and tell for so long at the Moxie meeting, you can be sure that I'll have this to show everyone. It's nothing fantastic - especially when I was working so fast, there are LOTS of boo boo's, but it is a show and tell! ;)

This is a wonderful idea! Is there a book or instructions somewhere so I can check this out. My grandkids are learning to quilt and both are artistic, I think this would be a great combination for them. I think your quilt is beautiful, love the vines.

Archived