ROLLED BATTING STORAGE

DH wasn't going to get around to building me a batting holder, so I improvised with wire shelving. I will attempt to load pictures.

I used Velcro to hang the rolls on 6' long closet poles I got at the local lumber yard.

I put a curtain rod across the lower edge to use as a guide when pulled the batting off on to my cutting table.

Linda this is just awesome! I've just spent the last two days cleaning out a closet to so I could have a place to store batting, if only you had posted sooner! I'm still wading throught clutter on tje floor of the studio trying to figure out what to do with what doesn't fit back in now that the batting is there. I'll revist my plan on a day I'm not dealing with left over messes! :D

I stuck the 2 end of the Velcro (loop/hook) to each other, overlapping several inches, and then looped the other ends through the wire of the shelves and overlapped those 2 ends to get the right height. I can adjust the height as needed. I used a heavy duty Velcro, so it sticks really good.

I had been looking and looking for a batting storage solution and got online and started looking at wire shelving. The idea of wire shelving just came to me one day..........you know how that goes. :) Took me a while to figure out how to hold the rolls and then the Velcro idea came to mind. I looked at bungee cords, small lengths of chain with hooks, clothesline rope, etc. but none were very adjustable.

I am very pleased with how this turned out. :D

Guest Linda S

That's great! All you need is a small shelf in the front with a cutting mat on it, so you can rotary cut a straight line when you cut your batting! Very cool.

Archived